Hate to Love You

Just a reminder that (r/n/p) means random nice person.
Also (y/o/f) = your other friend.
Side note: We just hit 2k reads! Thankyou so much!!

"What is your problem?!"

"My problem?! What's your problem?!"

You'd caught (c/n) shooting you daggers as he walked past you and (y/f) in the almost empty corridor, and you'd flipped him off. You weren't expecting him to look back and see.

Now he strode back towards you. "I asked you first."

"Fine," you retorted; he'd gotten on your last nerve. It wasn't like this was unusual, far from it, and that was the problem. Your patience had run out.

"You wanna know what my problem is?" He nodded. "My problem is how arrogant you are; how you get pissy when you don't get everything you want handed to you on a silver platter; how you seem to have taken against me for some unknown bloody reason! You never used to have a problem with me, we used to get on pretty well, and I don't know what changed, but that, (c/n), is my problem!"

You turned away from him but he caught you by the shoulder and you were forced to face him. You also forced yourself to ignore the bolts of electricity that seemed to pulse at the point of contact. "Don't you want to know what my problem is?" His eyes bore into yours with ferocious intensity.

You looked back at him, cocking your head to the side. "As far as I can tell your arrogance and random bursts of hatred classify as your biggest problems, so I think I pretty much covered it."

(C/n) began to respond when there was a snort to your right. You both turned and looked at (y/f), who waved you off. "Sorry, it's just you could cut the sexual tension in here with a knife, I must be having an allergic reaction to all those hormones."

(C/n) hastily removed his hand from your shoulder, and both of you inadvertently took a step back, not meeting each other's eyes.

"As if," you muttered as you dragged (y/f) away without looking back.

You didn't see him again until the next day, when he rocked up late to your English Lit lesson. Instinctively you rolled your eyes as he slipped into his seat across the classroom. He caught you looking and you quickly diverted your gaze.

"It's presentation time again," your teacher clapped their hands together, "this time working on Macbeth. I'm going to give each pair an extract and a question to annotate and write a model paragraph for."

You groaned internally; you hated doing presentations, even though you didn't have to do them that often. At least your partner wasn't too bad, you normally had a laugh while working together.

Speaking of your partner...

"Hey," you leant across the table to ask our friends, "where's (r/n/p)?"

(Y/f) shrugged. "Got moved down a set."

"Damn it, that means I've got double the workload." You grumbled.

"At least that'll force you to get on with it and actually do some work." (Y/o/f) teased, and you pouted.

She was probably right though, so you accepted your fate and opened up Google Slides as your teacher reached your table to give you your extracts. They frowned at the empty seat next to you. "Are you working by yourself?"

"(R/n/p) moved sets." You replied.

They thought for a second, and you could practically see the equations appearing in front of their face. Suddenly they broke into a smile. "We always has an odd number in this class anyway, now (c/n) doesn't have to work in a three!"