Love is (a) Blind (Date)

(Bf/gf) = your best friend's girlfriend (if she ain't gay you can switch it if you want)

"I can't believe you talked me into this!" You whined as (bf/n) practically dragged you through town.

"Oh stop complaining! I promise you he's cute! And nice! And funny!" She told you for the umpteenth time.

"A) guys like that don't actually exist in real life, (bf/n), and B) if he's that great why don't you date him?" You grinned teasingly.

She rolled her eyes at you. "I'd probably be tempted if I was a little less gay, but since he's (bf/gf)'s little brother I feel like that would be a bad idea all round."

You stopped walking, pulling her to a stop and to face you. "Wait, how old is this guy?!"

(Bf/n) laughed. "Relax! He's our age!" You sighed with relief; you sometimes forgot that (bf/gf) was a year older.

(Bf/n) looked at you suspiciously, then asked. "Why are you fighting this so much? You don't have a crush on anyone at the moment do you?"

You considered the question, before simply shaking your head. You were doing okay, crush-wise. Nobody too specific, a few good-looking guys in your peripheral, but for once you didn't have a proper crush.

At least, that's the way you kept forcing yourself to think. Because there was a guy. A very, very cute guy called (c/n) that made you double-take whenever he walked into a room. Not that you and he were in the same room very often - you had none of the same classes, and you'd never even spoken before. In fact, you didn't realise he existed until two years ago, when you'd asked your friends who the new kid was and they told you he'd literally been at your school since the start of year seven. People only ever talked about what a nice person he was, though, and he definitely gave off those vibes.

However, since you knew that these feelings were totally shallow and that the crush was on the idea of him, rather than him himself, you pushed it to the corner of your mind.

You were shaken out of your thoughts when (bf/n) literally shook your shoulders. "We're here!" She said, plonking you down into the bench.

"And so are they!" She added, waving enthusiastically as two figures approached. You didn't dare look until they were right in front of you, and it seemed your date didn't either, because your eyes met at the exact same moment.

Fuck.

It was him.

(C/n) smiled awkwardly at you, as his sister threw her arm around him. "Now, (y/n), I want you to look after my little brother, okay? Don't keep him out past his bedtime."

You chuckled, and he shrugged her arm off hastily, cheeks warming. "(Bf/gf)! Stop."

Now that you'd heard him speak, you couldn't remember how you'd imagined his voice to sound. All you knew was that his actual voice was definitely better.

"Let's leave them to it, shall we?" (Bf/n) stood up and looped her arm through her girlfriend's, with a look clearly daring her to make things any more awkward for you.

"Okay," she turned as they began to walk away, "you kids have fun!"

And then there were two.

You were still sat on the bench, and (c/n) stood awkwardly beside it. He broke the ice first. "I'm (c/n)."

"(Y/n)." You replied.

"I know."

Oh.

You chuckled. "It feels a bit like our mums have organised a playdate for us."