Chapter 15

You pace anxiously outside his door. They moved him to his bed after EJ got his heart to beat again. Currently, Dr. Smiley is setting up the rest of the gear to keep him stable. You sink to the floor after a while, your thoughts swirling violently against your skull. 

You didn't kill him(y/n), quit worrying

We could have killed him though, once and for all.

That would have just made our lives harder

"Will you just SHUT UP!" your fist slams into the wall behind you

"I was just gonna tell you that he's stable and you could go see him, but I guess not?"Startled, you whip your head up. Dr. Smiley stands in the now open doorway, giving you a weird look before leaving. You watch his retreating back down the hall; the voices whisper about him even after his form disappears. Stealing yourself, you stand. Fear settles into your stomach as you inch closer to his bed.

A thick, white bandage is wrapped around his torso, a deep red mark staining it from his healing wound.  An IV drips into the needle in his arm, and his soft, but haggard breathing is the only sound in the room. Tears spring to your eyes. "I'm so sorry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Jeff's point of view)

I groan as a throbing pain in my side wakes me. "Ah! So you're finally waking up?" I open my eyes to look at Smiley, grimacing when I try to sit up. "You should stay laying down, your wound is still healing"

"What?" I start coughing, my throat dry and my voice hoarse.

He gives me smile, "you'll remember soon enough" and with that he leaves the room.

Laying back, I curiously pull down my sheets, eyeing the stained bandage. I brush my hand across it and the rapidly the memories come rushing back. The liquor, the words the fight. Her tears... My head falls back onto the pillow. What am I supposed to do now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You fists beat into the now bloody tree. Your hands ache but not as much as much as your heart. It's been 2 weeks and he still hasn't woken up. You fist slams into the tree again making a sickening crack. It splinters around your bleeding hand. In your head, the voices still chant :

Should've killed him. Should've killed him. We Should have Killed him!

You scream in frustration, pounding into the tree with new force. It doesnt take much more for it to crackle and snap before tumbling down. You huff in annoyance, moving over to the nearest tree and start again.

"You know," a voice begins, "If you keep doing that your hands will never heal properly." A shiver runs down your spine. That voice... You know that voice... Turning, you are surprised to find no one insight.

"Hello?"

Silence. You shake,your head, trying to clear your thoughts, and turn back around only to be greeted with a pair of black eyes and a smile that has never left your memory.

"Hello (y/n), how lovely to see you again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry, I know it's late

**sorry, I noticed a mistake**