22. Congrats?

This is adorable... should make up for last chapter and its sadness.

Bills POV

I was sat on the couch with my head in my hands.

How do I ask him? I must be over thinking it... there's no way it's this difficult...

I've thought of a bunch of ways to ask, but none seemed perfect enough for him. All seeming like they'll all fail miserably...

My conflicted mind clouded making it so I didn't notice  someone sit beside me. I feel a hand being placed on my shoulder.

"Whatcha thinking about?" The person asks.

"How to ask someone something..." I rub my forehead and keep my gaze at the floor trying to think about the question.

"What are you asking?" The figure asks again.

"I'm trying to ask Dipper to marry me. But I don't know where or how to do it...is proposing always this hard?"

The voice stops for a second in thought.

"Well.. the question is if he prefers fancy dates or more casual ones and to enjoy the moment?"

I thought for a moment of all the dates I've had with Pinetree. Whether it be a date at a restaurant or just eating food and watching movies in bed. He valued all the moments during these dates, and cherished them.

I smiled as I thought more about it and responded with a "enjoying the moment."

"I'm gonna ask Dipper Pines to marry me..."

I feel the figure stand up.

"Well, good luck! And I hope you know what you're getting yourself into~"

~a few minutes later~

I feel a hand slap my back.

"Hey congrats kid on the engagement."

I look up at the person confused, to see Stan with a small smile.

"I didn't propose yet?"

"Did you not realize who you were talking to? It was Dipper that was giving the tips and just left."

I look at said door that he left from then back to Stan...

"Oh... oh god."