Chapter 9: The Dozen Rose Mystery

Sam's P.O.V.

Next Morning...

After my last class, I went outside to the back porch to see if there was a card or a clue as to who left them but there was nothing there. It could have blown away. After I looked around a bit more, I went back inside to warm up. The flowers had to be from Harry. I mean who else would send me flowers? I decided to let it go until Harry came this afternoon. Right now I was just going to solve my algebra problems.

Later that Day...

I decided to mess with Harry. I'm going to throw a snowball at him as soon as he gets out of his rental car. He texted me about 15 minutes ago telling me he just left the hotel so I went out to 'meet' him. I sat on the deck out of sight and started making a couple snowballs. It wasn't a minute later the 'target' parked in the driveway and made his way over. He had his back to me that's when I threw my first one. He turned around.

"Oh you better run." It wasn't a second after he said that I took off. He was right behind me. Before I knew it I was in the snow. He tackled me.

"What the heck, Harry!" I squealed. I rolled over to face him. 

"Hello." He replied. I looked up at him.

"Hi." I replied. He kissed my lips.

"How long were you waiting out here?" He asked.

"Not long."

"Let's go in." He said about to get up.

"No, let's just stay out here for a little bit." I said holding on to his coat to keep him from getting up. 

"You're cold."

"I'm fine, Dad." I joked.

"You won't be saying that when you're sick on your birthday." He said standing up. 

"Harry, if we are going to be in a relationship you have to promise me that you will not treat me like a baby because I am younger then you."

"I promise." He replied. He put his hand out to help me up. I took it getting up. 

"Hey, did you send me a dozen more roses? They were on the back porch." I asked as we headed to the house.

"No." He replied.

"Are you being serious?"

"I promise you I didn't." He replied.

"Someone sent you roses?" He asked. 

"I think. I mean I don't know for sure. There wasn't a card." I replied.

"We've been official for not even a day and I have to worry about a possible secret admirer."

"You have nothing to worry about, Harry. Trust me."

"Could they be from your parents?"

"No, they gave me my Valentine's day gift before they left for dinner yesterday." I replied opening the screen door.

"We're going to have to tell your parents about us."

"After my birthday, okay?"

"Alright. How do you think they are going to take it?"

"My mom will be fine with it. My Dad is going to be another story."

"Your Dad just started liking me too." I chuckled. I opened the door stepping inside. I stomped my feet to get the snow off my boots.

"What about friends or another family member?" Harry asked looking over at the dozen roses.

"I don't know. I mean I think they would have said something by now if they did." I replied.

"Then the mystery continues." He replied taking his coat off.

"I guess." I said taking my coat and hat off.

"Whoever is it they'll come forward eventually."

"I hope so." I replied. 

"Let's go watch a movie." He said. We got settled in the living room. He turned on the TV and started looking for a movie. 

"Your phone's ringing." Harry said nudging my shoulder. I picked up my phone then it hit me. I think I may have a suspect. 

Please Comment and Vote! :)