Chapter 23: Game Time

Sam's P.O.V.

I wasn't much fun to be around for the rest of the day. I pretty much just laid on the couch and watched Netflix with my Mom. I really want to invite Harry over but I just don't want to talk about our situation right now. Also I don't know when my Dad is coming home so I don't want Harry to be here when he gets back. I want to talk to my Dad first before Harry gets involved.

"Are you going to answer your phone?" Mom asked. I picked up my phone.

        Bryan: Pickup Game at 8 at the arena. You in?

I could really use some soccer right now. Soccer is the only thing that takes my mind away from everything. I checked with Mom first to see if it was okay then I texted Bryan back.

        Me: I'm in! See you there!

7:45 PM

I made it to the Arena. I decided to text Harry to tell him what was going on. Right after I sent the text I saw Bryan pull into the parking lot. As soon as he parked and got out I grabbed my stuff and went over to meet him.

"Hey." He said once he saw me.

"Hey." I replied as I approached him.

"You ready to play?" He asked.

"I'm always ready to play. I can't believe you just asked me that."

"I know. I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me." He replied making me chuckle.

"Did you have a good birthday?" He asked as we started walking towards the arena doors.

"I did. It was definitely my favorite birthday. Thanks again for missing your game for me."

"You're welcome." He replied opening the door.

Harry's P.O.V.

I haven't heard from Sam since she called me earlier today. I wonder if she talked to her Dad yet. I'm getting a bit worried. My phone dinged. I picked my phone up.

        Sam: Hey. My Dad's still working. I'll let you know once I talk to him. I love you.

        Me: I love you x

Third-Person P.O.V.

There was only two minutes left in the first half. No one scored yet so both teams were pushing to be the first on the scoreboard. Bryan and his friend/teammate, Ed were sitting on the bench watching and waiting to go back on the field.

"Is that your girl?" Ed said gesturing to Sam who was on the field.

"No." Bryan replied.

"You want her to be though?"

"Why you say that?" Bryan asked.

"Your eyes haven't left her since yinz got here. Plus you've been showing off for most of the half."

"You should go for it." Ed added.

"Sub!" Sam said as she came over to the bench. Ed opened the door and switched with her. Sam closed the door then plopped down next to Bryan.

Sam's P.O.V.

"Good half." Bryan said.

"Thanks. You mind handing me my water?" I asked. Bryan grabbed it then handed it to me.

"Thank you." I replied then took a big drink.

"Hey. Thanks again for letting me play." I said.