Chapter 10: Scrabble

Sam's P.O.V.

"Are you going to answer that?" Harry asked. I looked at my phone. Why is he calling me?

"No. I'll call em back later." I replied putting my feet up on the ottoman next to his. I came closer putting a blanket over us. He put his arm around me and I leaned against him.

"Give me the remote. I'll find something on Netflix." He handed me the remote. Once it loaded I clicked on my icon. I went through the movies. I didn't see anything that caught my eye so I sat up.

"You want to play a game?" I asked.

"Do you have Scrabble?"

"Of course I do." I said picking up the lid of the ottoman to get my Scrabble game out. I set it on the ottoman.

"You are so going down, Styles. This is my game."

"You say that about every game we play."

"I'm competitive, Harry. You know that." He sat up and I sat across from him on the ottoman with the game between us. We got our letters. I went first then he went.

"Harry, I am not going to play with you if you are going to put dirty words on the board." He pulled the letters back.

Two Long Scrabble Games Later...

"I win again!" I exclaimed.

"Let's play again." He said grabbing the bag for the letters.

"So I can beat you again...sure why not." I said helping him collect the letters. He grabbed my wrist pulling me towards him. He kissed me. I kissed back instantly putting my left hand on the side of his neck. He went to pull me closer but I stopped him pulling my lips back an inch.

"Are you trying to knock me off my game?" I asked. 

"Is it working?" He asked. 

"No. I'm still going to beat you." I said moving back to where I was sitting originally.

"I'll go first." I said getting my letters out of the bag. My phone started ringing again. I picked up my phone to see who it was. It was Raven.

"Hey." I said answering it.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Kicking Harry's butt in Scrabble." I replied.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Working. It's pretty slow so I called to get an update on the case of the dozen roses. Any idea who sent them yet?" 

"Give me a sec." I said getting up. 

"I'll be right back. You better not look at my letters!" I said going to my room. 

"You still there?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"I think I might know who sent me those roses."

"You are killing me, Sam. Just tell me already."

"I think they may be from Bryan."

Please comment and vote!