Chapter 26: I'll Be There For You

Next Day...

Sam's P.O.V.

"I'm done." I said closing my laptop. I turned my chair around so I was facing Harry.

"Already?" Harry asked. He was laying on my bed doing something on his phone.

"Yeah, we're starting new chapters in most of my classes so there's not much going on." I replied.

"Now will you tell me how the conversation with your Dad went yesterday?" He asked getting up so he was sitting on the edge of my bed.

Flashback...

Yesterday before my Grandmother's Party...

"Sam! Hurry up!" My Dad hollered.

"I'm coming!" I hollered back checking my hair and clothes one more time in the mirror. I quickly threw my coat on and went into the kitchen to help carry the food out to the car. John was heading out to the car with a tray of food so it was just me and my Dad in the kitchen.

"You look nice." He said.

"Thanks." I replied.

"I talked to Harry this morning." Here we go.

"I know. He told me." I replied. I hate that Harry and I have to go back to the friend zone. I wish we could just ignore my Dad's condition and just continue to date. But I have to respect my Dad's condition and I also have to respect Harry's need of approval from my Dad. I know how important that is to him. I know my Dad is just trying to do what is best for me, so Harry and I will wait until I graduate in June. I've thought about it more and maybe it is a good thing after all. Between the movie and new album plus all the other projects Harry's working on currently I probably won't see Harry again until June. And I need to focus on finishing High School right now. As much as I hate this I know this is the right thing to do.

"I'll respect your condition but after they hand me my diploma I'm dating Harry."

"I still don't like it. But as long as he's good to you and makes you happy that's all I care about." He replied. I gave him a hug.

"Thanks, Dad." He hugged me back kissing the top of my head. 

End of Flashback...

"Even though I'm abiding by his condition I still hate that we have to wait." I added.

"I do too. It's going to be tough but this is the right decision. Then in four months you're mine for as long as you can bare me."

"You may be in for the long haul then." I replied.

"I wouldn't mind that." He replied making me scream on the inside. I looked away so he couldn't see me blushing.

"How was your Grandmother's party?" He asked.

"It was good." I said looking back at him.

"I'm sorry I missed it." He replied.

"It's okay. I know you had work calls. It's fine." I replied.

"I feel bad. I want to be there for you."

"Harry, it's fine." I said.

"It's not." He replied. I went over to sit next to him on my bed.

"I want to be there for you too. We'll always be there for each other even if we aren't in the same location." I added.

"And don't even think about breaking into the 'Friends' theme song."

"I still cannot believe you haven't watched 'Friends'."