Chapter 16: Sign of the Times

Sam's P.O.V.

The day was starting out pretty good so far. All of my classes were canceled due to system problems so I was able to go see Harry before I go meet Raven for lunch at noon. It was about 9:30 when I got to Harry's hotel. He's ordering breakfast from room service for us. I knocked on his door. He opened it.

"Morning." I greeted him.

"Good Morning." He replied letting me in. He closed the door behind us.

"The food was just brought up. I got you your favorite: French toast with maple syrup and a side of bacon and orange juice."

"You're the best." I replied sitting at the table they had in the hotel room.

"I know." He replied making me shake my head.

"So the game was good?" 

"It was so good. It was even ten times better when the Pens won." I replied.

"I watched some of it." He replied. 

"Really?" Harry's not really into hockey.

"I watched part of the third quarter."

"Third Period." I corrected him.

"The third period." He corrected himself.

"It's your hometown team and I know how much you like them so if you like them I like them." I smiled and blushed in response.

"How was uh-" He started. 

"Bryan?" I asked. 

"Yeah, Bryan." He replied. 

"He was fine. We had fun. We talked about soccer and school."

"That's nice."

"Yeah." I replied.

"I just don't remember you mentioning him to me before."

"I must have. He was the first person that made me feel like part of the team. We were really good friends, we were always goofing off at practices and games. This one practice we were playing 1 v1..." I went on to tell him about the 1 v 1 game and a few other things Bryan and I talked about last night.

"He seems cool." He replied.

"Yeah."

"How long did you have feelings for him?" He asked making me stop.

"Feelings?"

"A crush." He replied.

"I'm not going to lie to you. I had a crush on him. But me and him are just friends. That's all it could ever be. I don't feel that way about him anymore." I replied. 

"You have nothing to worry about, Harry. I promise you. Bryan and I are just friends. That's all it is, that's all it will ever be." I added.

"I know. I trust you." He replied.

"And I trust you too." I replied. We ate a few moments in silence until he spoke. 

"I want to show you something once you're finished eating."

"Okay." I replied. 

After we finished eating...

I sat on his bed crisscrossed waiting for him. He got his laptop out and put it right in front of me. He plugged in his headphones then handed them to me. I put them on then adjusted them so I could hear.

"I want your honest review." He said sitting next to me.

"Okay. What is the name of the song I am about to listen to?" I asked.

"It's called, 'Sign of the Times'." He replied hitting the space bar on his laptop. 

        Just stop your crying

        It's a sign of the times

        Welcome to the final show

        Hope you're wearing your best clothes...

Questions: Does Harry need to worry about Bryan? Let me know in the comments.

Please Comment & Vote!!!