Chapter 19: Crossing A Line?

Sam's P.O.V.

After Bryan and I played a few games of laser tag, we went to the arcade they had on the opposite side of the laser tag. We played table hockey, air hockey, ski ball, a couple racing games, and a ton other. It was fun playing a game against someone who is just as competitive as me. On a scale from one to ten on how competitive I am, I'm probably an eleven. I get SUPER competitive when it comes to playing air hockey so I was excited to play against him but...don't ask me who won...I can't believe he beat me by a point.

"I'm getting tired of beating you so how about we get a pizza?" He asked. 

"Hey! Shut up! I won just as many games as you did." I replied playfully shoving him. He opened the door for me. It was snowing like crazy.

"I can drive us over." He said.

"You afraid I'll get lost from here to there."

"No." He replied.

"Fine." I replied. Pizza Hut was right across the street. I went with Bryan in his car. We were seated as soon as we walked in. This Pizza Hut was rarely busy. It was just us and a couple other people at the bar.

"What kind of pizza do you like?" He asked.

"I'm not picky when it comes to pizza. It just has to have pepperoni on it." I replied.

"Combo then?"

"Sounds good." I replied setting the menu aside. The waitress came over to take our order.

"I hear soccer on the TV behind me. Who's playing?" I asked.

"It looks like FC Barcelona and Real Madrid." He answered.

"What's the score?"

"No one scored yet." He replied.

"You can sit next to me if you want to watch the game."

"Nah, that's alright. You know me, Bryan I would rather play then watch."

"You playing tomorrow night?" He asked.

"No...which sucks because tomorrow is my birthday."

"You are going to be so old." He said.

"You are only a few months younger then me, Bryan so shut up."

"Are you?"

"Am I what?" He asked.

"Playing tomorrow?" I asked.

"Oh... Yeah." He replied.

"Lucky."

"Remember that time we played World cup. It was just you, me, and Dave so we pretty much just did 1 v 1 v 1."

"Oh yeah." I replied taking a sip of my Pepsi.

"That was fun."

"What do you think coach was thinking?" He asked.

"He was probably thinking 'I should teach her offense.'" I replied making him chuckle.

Flashback...

"Bryan, go away!"

"I can't unless you give me the ball." I tried to trick him by pretending to go one way but actually going the opposite but he had me.

"We are going to be like this for a while then." I had the ball facing the opposite direction of the goal. He was right behind me only inches away guarding me. Dave was out he got a goal so it was just me and Bryan. I had no chance against Bryan. He's our star defensemen.