Chapter 20: Officially 18

Next Day...

Sam's P.O.V.

Today is my birthday! I am officially 18 years old. A few things I can do now since I'm 18: I can vote, buy lottery tickets, and get a tattoo. I hate politics, I'm unlucky, and I hate needles so I really don't feel any different. I can pump gas now that's one perk I guess. Uh...it's time to get your butt out of bed, Sam and get to class. I rolled out of bed and went to do my usual morning routine then I sat at my desk and signed into school. I have ten minutes until my first class starts. I went back over to my bed and unplugged my phone from my alarm clock then I went back to my desk. My phone was already blowing up with people wishing me a Happy Birthday. I better start replying to people. I'm surprised I haven't heard from Harry yet.

Later that day...

Finally done with school for the day. No homework! Woo hoo! That alone made my birthday ten times better.

'Knock, knock'

"Hey. Get ready. I'm gonna take you out to lunch." Mom said.

"Okay." I replied.

Later...

I just got back from having lunch with my mom. It was nice. We went to one of my favorite places. It's a bit far and a bit pricey but it's totally worth it. I would do anything for their signature chicken dish. I still haven't heard from Harry yet. It was weird. My phone started buzzing. I picked it up.

        Bryan: Happy 18th Birthday Sam! I hope it's the best one yet.

        Me: Thanks Bryan!!

'Knock, knock, knock'

"Come in." I said.

'Knock, knock, knock'

I sighed getting up from my desk chair going to open my door. Harry was standing there with a cupcake with one candle. I smiled.

"You didn't think I forgot your birthday, did you?"

"I'll have to admit I was getting worried." I replied. 

"Make a wish." He said.

"Aren't you going to sing me Happy Birthday first?" I asked.

"No, I don't want to make you cry on your birthday."

"A little full of ourselves aren't we?" I said earning a chuckle from Harry. I thought about my wish then blew the candle out.

"Thank you." I said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"What did you wish?" He asked handing me the cupcake.

"I can't tell you or it won't come true." I said sitting back down on my desk chair. I set the cupcake on my desk.

"So what do you want to do today?" I asked.

"It's your birthday. You tell me." He replied.

"I just feel like curling up on the couch with my soft gray plush blanket and watch an old movie. You can watch it to if you want." I said grabbing my blanket.

"Oh well thank you for inviting me. I hope I'm not intruding." He said.

"Well...you're welcome." I chuckled heading to the living room with my cupcake, phone, blanket and Harry.

Two hours later...

"Alfred Hitchcock is a genius!" I said hitting the ejection button on the DVD remote.

"I can't believe you never seen any of his movies. He's a legend."

"I'm not a big horror fan."

"His movies are thrillers, Harry. They are suspenseful. Oh and funny fact he actually has a movie called, 'The Trouble with Harry'. It must be a sign." I replied.

"It must be." He replied. 

"Hey guys. I'm running out real quick I'll be back soon." Mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Okay! We'll most likely be here!" I hollered back.

"So when's the party?" I joked.

"What party?" He replied back quickly.

"Okay, Harry be like that. Lie to a girl on her birthday." I said sitting up putting my feet on the ground. She probably went to get my cake. I grabbed my phone off the ottoman. I quickly replied to the people that texted me.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing." I replied.

"It looks like you are doing something."

"Nosey much? I'm just replying to people that texted me 'Happy Birthday'." He took his phone out. A few seconds later, my phone buzzed.

        Harry: Happy Birthday ;)

I shook my head. Again...how am I dating this weirdo? I texted back.

        Me: Thanks Weirdo ;)

"Hey!" I just laughed.

"Sorry it was the auto-correction on my phone."

"What other 'W' word were you trying to call me, Sam." He replied making me laugh to the point that I was nearly crying.

"No!" I said in between laughs. I wiped my eyes to get rid of the tears as I started calming down.

"Let's go somewhere."

"Like where?" I asked. 

"Let's go for a walk."

"Harry, it's like 20 degrees out and there's about three feet of snow out there. I'm good right here." I said snuggling closer to him.

"This coming from the girl who says she loves the cold."

"I knew you were going to say that." I said sitting up throwing my blanket aside.

"We could go for a walk or...we could stay here and-" I was going to finish but he gave me a look.

"Fine. We'll go for a walk." I said rolling off the couch.

20 minutes later...

We held hands as we went down the cleared and salted sidewalk.

"I love the snow. It's so pretty." I commented as we continued walking down the path. We stopped once we reached a bench. Harry wiped off the snow so we could sit down. We sat down enjoying the pretty scenery and silence. All of a sudden Harry blurted out. 

"Your mom knows about us."

"You told her, big mouth?"

"No, she said she already knew."

"She knows everything." I said.

"I have no idea how my Dad is going to take it. He probably won't take it well I just have a feeling."

"It'll be fine." He said trying to reassure me.

"I hope so." I replied moving closer to him. He put his arm around me. Then all of a sudden he got up. 

"Alright. Let's go." He said.

"What?" I laughed.

"We just got here." I said. 

"Come on." He said putting his hand out. I took it as I got up from the bench. 

What do you have planned, Styles?

Please Comment & Vote!!