(3) Healing?

Indigo

I wake to find myself in a different room. This one is pure white with a single bed in it. A barred window lets in light and to a normal eye the walls would appear to be a clean white but to my own now enhanced eyes I see that the walls have a maze of creams and different whites all together. They are randomly painted on and I spend quite a while just looking at the wall. I test each of my new and improved senses and this entertains for about half a day.

Being able to hear things too quiet even for dogs and rabbits to hear is amazing. My sense of smell is incredible and I can detect that three different marked people have come into my room in the past twenty-four hours by their scent. At lunchtime my door is opened and one of the men who had injected me (I think his name was Cecil) sets a plate down on my bed. Ignoring him I grab the plate and inspect its contents. The portion is still smaller than normal but considering my stomach is still only half it's normal size that's fine with me. I chug down the jug of water given to me and than start on the food.

Unfortunately there are no apples to be found on the tray. I'm surprised to find that the food isn't just the thick drink they give us that has all our nutritional needs but actual food. A small cup of pills are also accompanied with the food and I look over to Cecil who is writing on a clip board " hey can you get me some more water otherwise these pills aren't going in my mouth." He doesn't respond just writes on his clipboard. Someone must have heard me though because soon a glass of water is brought in. I guess they have cameras and listening devices planted in my room.

Even with my new eyes I can't spot a part of the wall that may of been cut out and replaced to put a camera in. I'm guessing they put the cameras in before building the wall, which means that this room is probably used exclusively for test subjects or troublemakers of which I am both. Using my hearing I'm able make out the noise of the camera as its hums quietly behind a piece of wall in the top corner above the window. I gulp my pills down and Cecil leaves taking the tray with him. I had thought the pills were to give me vitamins and minerals but I was wrong. I barely make it to my bed before I collapse.

I scream as every muscle I have becomes fiery hot. As each muscle cools down I can feel them starting to tighten and loosen. This is fine but then my muscles start to twist and coil into shapes they are never meant to go into. I scream long into the night as my muscles finally stop writhing about like snakes under my skin. Just as the last muscles snap back into place I feel one of my bones in my arm snap as the muscle around it struggles to find its original shape. My brain finally collapses into darkness from the pain of the broken bone. Even as I black out I scream in pain.

It is mid afternoon when I wake again. Nothing has been done about my broken arm and I fear they will leave it unattended. I slowly get up trying to keep my broken arm still but my whimpers echo off the walls. I slowly eat breakfast noticing that there are no pills to take. Good, because I'm not falling for that trick again. As I eat I can feel the emotion I've tried to keep hidden come to the front if my mind. I'm not sure how long it's been since my mum and dad were killed.

They would hate to see me like this, an experiment to the very people we loath. Silently the tears pour off my face, dripping onto the sheets beneath me. After my tears have soaked the bed I feel a spark of anger. They've taken my family from me. They've changed me into something I'm not (whether this is a good thing or a bad thing I'm not sure) given me heightened senses. I pick up the metal tray. Somehow I will be free and I will fight for what is rightfully ours. Earth. My mother and father died for the cause I would not let them die in vain.

In my anger I throw the tray across the room. It hits the wall with a crash and as it falls away I see that it has left cracks in the plaster. I blink in shock. I'm strong for my size but not that strong. The memory of my muscles coiling and tensing comes to me and with a gasp I realize that whatever the pills did to me this was either the result of them or a side affect of them.

Before I can test my theory gas begins to fill the room. I throw both my hands up to my face ignoring the screaming that are comes for my broken bone as I try to not breath in the gas. Its no use soon the gas fills my lungs scorching them as it does. My whole body begins to shake and I scream as with a click my bone realigns itself. After that the healing process of my bone is painless. It isn't instant but after three days (at least that is my guess) my whole body is healed. All the scars my hands have collected over the years are gone including the scar I got from when I had first managed to kill a wild boar. A kill I was very proud of. It had fed us for two days with five full meals each day.

My theory is the gas was some type of rapid healing thing. I'm not sure if it was a one-time thing or if the gas had changed me like the injections and pills had. It was easy to test. Using my fingernails I managed to draw blood three times on my arm. After about and hour the wounds were completely healed. I couldn't believe what had happened. Somehow my body had learnt to rapidly heal itself. This was quite useful in the wild for we were constantly injuring ourselves from falling out of trees to being gouged by a animal. I didn't know why or what they were experimenting on me for, but so far my healing ability, extra strength and improved senses could come in handy when trying up escape.

I lose count of the days as slowly my body becomes in turn with itself again. Obviously my ability to heal isn't fast enough for them as I'm made to endure more of the gas. Each time my body absorbs the gas I test my healing ability. I manage to cut my self with my fingernails again and even as I watch the cut seems to heal.

In a matter of minutes the cut is healed with no sign of a scar. Watching this small cut heal makes me wonder if larger or more serious wounds would be slower to heal or if they would still heal at the same time. Using my strength I manage to pull a bolt out of the bed. Using it I gouge a deep wound in my arm. My eyes water as I do it and I have to Clench my teeth to not scream out aloud. My blood leaves a large ruby patch in the sheets but I don't notice it. I count as I watch the wound heal itself. My cuts had taken about three minutes to heal, this wound takes about the same time. I laughed out aloud as the wound finally disappears. That would have taken weeks to heal and I would of had a scar to remind me of it. But now in mere minutes my wound has healed. The only side effect I've found from all this extra healing is that my body seems to need more food than it did before. My portions are now about twice of what they use to be. I never put any weight on though, which I'm guessing means that all this accelerated healing is taking a lot of energy to do.

This makes a bit worried about what I would do for food when I escape but than my rational mind kicks in and reminds me that I'm now a lot stronger and faster not to mention more agile and flexible. My new abilities would help me catch more food easily. I lay back on my now blood soaked bed. It will be hard but escape seems possible now.

Hey everyone

If you liked it please vote If something was unclear I'd love to know so I can fix it.

Comments always make my day so if you have any questions let me know!

Cheers!