So we meet again

Flashback

An excited Misaki rushes home from elementary school because for her today is a big day. When she stops at their front door she can hear laughter and music which makes her even more excited. She could only hope right.

'They must have remembered,' She thought as she pushed opened the front door of their home.

She ran through the guest to find her family. In the middle of the room she found her mother getting ready to make a toast, giving the guest her sweetest smile. Misaki usually doesn't care about the parties being held at her house but the hope of her family remembering what today was began to overtake the other thoughts telling her to leave.

"Thank you for coming here today on this very special day," Minako said then paused to allow the guest to turn their complete attention to her. "I cannot tell you how happy I am because today..."

'Here it comes,' Misaki thought.

"My daughters Aiko and Haru came first and second in their beauty pageants!" She announced proudly as the guest cheered for Haru and Aiko who enjoyed the attention.

Meanwhile no noticed the disappointed Misaki who turned and headed to her room. When she got to the attic, she opened the door and ran straight towards her bed, trying to hold back her tears.

"How foolish I was to think they would remember," She whispered to herself as she wiped away one tear that had escaped. "Happy Birthday," was the last thing she said before she fell asleep.

Present

In the cafe

"Misaki!" A voice shouted awaking Misaki from her sleep. She looked up and smiled as she was greeted by her two childhood friends Sakura and Shizuko.

Misaki met Sakura and Shizuko when she was in elementary school and they've been best friends ever since then. They were the only people who knew about how her family treated her. Sakura is a cheerful and energetic person while Shizuko is a complete of her. Funny how they were all so different but got along with each other well.

They began to talk about their regular stuff as Misaki leads them to a table.

Meanwhile

Takumi POV

"Yo, Takumi if you wanted to go into that cafe, why on earth are we sitting across the street staring at it?" I looked across to see my friends Kuuga and Kanou staring at me with confused looks.

I sighed and looked back at the cafe wondering if to tell them about the girl I met there a week ago. I have actually been coming back here since then, just never going inside. I would just come here and sit across the street observing her through the windows. Now I may sound like a stalker but believe me, I don't care.

For the past few days looking her I discovered a few things like when the cafe isn't full she reads a book or how she tries to make sure the customers are happy. She really was interesting. I remember when she beat the crap out of some guy for making a ruckus in the cafe, I laughed so hard that I received many strange looks from people on the street as I sat alone on a bench laughing to myself.

"Ok, let's go in for a cup of tea," I stated as I stood up and we walked towards the cafe.

Normal POV

Ding!

"Welcome to.." Misaki was about to greet the customer but then she realised who it was that had entered. "Didn't I make myself clear when I said don't come back?" Misaki growled.

"Oh you really meant that, I'm hurt," Takumi replied as he placed his hand over his chest faking being hurt.

"Misaki, is something wrong?" Sakura interrupted after seeing how angry Misaki was.

"So your name is Misaki, Misa chan~" Takumi answered with a smirk.

"Hey, don't call me that, my name is Misaki you playboy," Misaki stated as a matter of fact, getting angrier by the minute.

"Whatever you say Misa chan," He teased again, loving how angry she was getting.

"That's it I'm gon-," Misaki shouted as she was about to tear apart the so-called playboy right in front of her but Shizuko stopped her and reminded her that there were other customers to be dealt with.

Understanding what Shizuko said was right, Misaki calmed down and walked away to deal with other customers who were surprised by the scene.

After Misaki left, Sakura and Shizuko returned to their seats relieved their friend had calmed down while on the other hand, Takumi headed towards an empty table followed by yet again two confused friends who were trying to progressed what just happened.

"So, who was that girl?" Kanou asked curious as he turned to Takumi for an answer.

"A very interesting girl named Misaki," He answered.

"By interesting...do you mean you like her?" This time Kuuga spoke shocked because for the first time his friend took interest in a girl.

Takumi looked at his friends then at Misaki who noticed him and glared back at him. "hmm, who knows?...We'll just have to find out."