- The festival part 1-

"Morning Takumi dear," a voiced echoed across the room. Takumi looked up to see his loving mother Patricia.

"Good morning mother," he replied wondering why his mother was starring at him the way she was. He settled down his cup of tea and looked at her waiting for the moment she decided to tell him what was going on in her head.

"So honey, as you know your 18th birthday is coming up and that means there will be the royal ball where you will dance away your heart with the lovely ladies of this kingdom...oh I remember meeting your father there, he was looking so handsome and..." she began to trail off forgetting about the moral of her conversation with him.

"Uhhmm!" he cleared his throat getting her attention.

"Oh right sorry. Now as I was saying, there comes a part in your life when you will need to pick a bride to stay by your side, and son to me, I have never seen you taken interest in any young lady. If your grandfather wasn't out hidding on his vacation I am sure he would tell you it is time for you aslo since it will soon be your turn to lead the people of this land." with that being said she took his hand and held it to her chest."You are my son and I want you to be happy with someone you love also and not just for the sake of the kingdom."

"Thank you mom but how do you know I have not choosen someone? Believe me I understand that you are worrying about me but don't, I have things under control," he answered back and began to continue his breakfast. On the other hand his mother just sat there shock trying to convey what he just said, all she could hear was ' how do you know i have not choosen someone'?

"kyaa~ Takumi who is she? That is, if you aren't playing me? Tell me who she is come on.. come on.. come on.." she jumped up and down in her seat excitedly.

'Is she really a mother and a queen?' he thought."Umm where's dad?" he asked changing the topic.

"Ohh right he is with someone right now. I think it is Sakuya Ayuzawa and two of his daughters they came to-" she began to explain but was cut short by a maid. "Excuse me your majesty but his highness seeks your presence in the garden and while you are there Aiko and Haru Ayuzawa will stay with Takumi sama."

After his mother bid him goodbye, he looked across at the two girls sitting across him starring at him like he was the best thing they ever saw.

"So your highness are you going to the festival tonight?" Haru spoke up first trying to sound seductive.

 "Yes actually," he replied.

"Really? Then would you mind if we tag along with you?" this time Aiko interrupted batting her eyelashes at Takumi. 'wow I can feel a breeze coming from her lashes, why would my father even put me in this type of situation? why can't he and Mr. Ayu-,hmmm wait Ayuzawa'?

"I am going with someone and do you mind if I ask if you have another sibling?" he asked and watch their faces changed to a disgusted look.

"Yes but she is very embarrassing to be called our sister. Her name is Misaki," Haru replied."So who is the person you're taking? Is it someone we might know?" 'if so i am going to make sure she regrets going with you,' she thought giving Takumi a sweet smile at the end.

"No... you don't know her," he answered calmly. To him he could sense something was definately going on between Misaki and her family and he didn't want to let them know he was going to the festival with her.

The rest of the day went by quickly and it was now time for the festival. Takumi met up with Kuuga and Kanou first so he could wait on Misaki with them. Misaki arrived a while after with sakura and shizuko. She first had to help with her sisters preparations for the festival and wait for them to leave in the carriages and then walk over to the festival with her friends. Many people had already gathered early in the day for the cherry blossom festival but many more were now showing up as the sun was setting to see the cherry blossoms at night and the firework displays afterwards. Somehow the group seperated with Kuuga and Sakura going one way, and Kanou and Shizuko going the other way leaving Takumi and Misaki alone.

In this momment Takumi was enjoying the little stars Misaki had in her eyes while looking at the food. Vendors had set up stalls selling bentos, Onigiri, Miso, Tamagoyaki, Mochi and many other different kinds. After buying food and winning many prizes they settled down on a slope to watch the fireworks.

"What a beautiful moment this is, being able to watch the fireworks with the girl I like," Takumi announced.

'There it is again. He always says it so calmly but yet I haven't really said anything about it,' she thought. 'Maybe it's time you admit the truth. He obviously really likes you so why not just answer him?' her conscious voiced.'But what if I really fall deeply for him and it turns out wrong?' she answered back. 'Does he really look like he won't make you happy?  Just follow your heart.' her conscious answered. 'Ok i will but i feel really crazy talking to myself.'

"Usui," she said shyly.

 He looked around to see a blushing Misaki, "Is something wrong Misaki?"

"Not really.. I-ii just wanted to let y-you know about what you said about liking me,"  she looked down fumbling with her fingers trying to cool down. "I like you too but I am not sure if it is as much as you like me an-" she was about to continue off mumbling but a pair of soft lips stopped her. Once she calmed down he backed away and told her,

"It doesn't matter about if it can't compare to how much i like you, all that matters is that you like me and you have admitted to yourself your feelings for me," he ended with a smile and began to lean in for another kiss as Misaki also leaned forward but as their lips were about to meet...

"Oh there you are Misaki!"Sakura shouted.

Takumi and Misaki, surprised, look back to find their friends walking towards them and then sat down next to them. They began to talk about the stuff they saw at the festival but in the midst of their conversations, Misaki and Takumi looked over at each other and smiled thinking they would continue their own conversation later because the night is still young.