chapter 7

He walks over grumbling to himself.

I roll my eyes. Of course, I should have seen this coming. Werewolf mates always end up near each other no matter what.

Once the group has quieted​ down, I speak up. "So as you know, we are going to suprise attack the Hunters. Now we all need to know, that we need to have each other's back. This is going to be extremely dangerous. Hunters are not the same as normal humans. They are the elite of their kind. Think of them as the Marines top."

The fairy raises her hand. "What's a Marine?"

I shake my head. "That's a question for another day. Just think of the Hunters as the best of the best. They also have been known to recruit the supernatural. In return they let them live."

Carter gets up and grabs his bag. Then he starts walking. I put my hands on my hips and frown.

"Excuse me, I wasn't done talking."

He just looks at me with a serious expression. "You talk to much. We need to get moving."

My eyes widen in anger but the others follow behind him. He smirks and starts walking. I just want to kick him in the face.

By night fall we have reached our destination. But the others aren't here.

Carter looks around suspiciously. "Something's not right guys. Get down real low."

He army crawls to the tree. Then suddenly we are jumped. Hunters begin to fly out from the trees, crawl from ditches, coming out of the creek.

We fight like our lives are on the line. I begin to mind link Clinton. He doesn't respond. I try mind-link any wolves in the area. Finally two answer back. "Princess we are on our way." A few minutes later I'm mind linked.

"Cicily, I'm coming."

Oh my gosh my father is on the battle field?!

A grin replaces the hopeless look on my face. I transform into my wolf and howl. I don't transform unless it's the only way I'll survive.

I run at every Hunter coming at me. Somehow we are all alive but how??

A couple of minutes later I hear howls in the distant. Help is here.

The hunters suddenly become more aggressive. The witch and warlock are  circled and trying to hold back the hunters. But just as I'm going to help them, the hunter break through their shield and--- I don't think I'll mention the horrible scene of their death.

But the Hunters short victory comes crashing down as wolves coming flying at them. Within seconds I have two wolves beside me.

They have their teeth bared and growling. I look at them and wink.

I mind-link them. "Ready boys.."

They howl and we charge into the hunters. But it seems the more we kill the more come flying in.

Then we hear a powerful growl. Everyone stops fighting.
I transform back into my human self.

Everyone watches as a huge midnight black wolf walks out of the darkness and stops right beside me. I pet his fur.

I smile and sweetly look at the hunters.
"Oh so rude of me. Daddy these are the Hunters. Hunters, this is the face of death."