chapter 20

CARTER POV.

I don't understand.. why is she here? How is she here?

With a war breaking out worse than any battle we have fought, my eyes are set on one person. Dawn.

The Werewolf King and his kind begin to battle it out with the hunters and the Vampire's follow behind. With Garret gone I am the only leader of the Vampires.. only Royal blood can be King.

With one nod from me, every vampire begins to rush in full pursuit of these evil beings.

I on the other hand am fighting my way to my past. My eyes meet hers. Blood drips from rose colored lips. Her eyes seem to pleading without pleading.

She stops and stares at me for a moment. Then one word comes from her mouth but in silence. Carter.

I rush over to her grabbing her by the arm and throwing her to the ground.

"WHY ARE YOU DISGUISING YOURSELF AS DAWN?!!!"

She looks up at me confused. "How did you know my name?"

I take a step back. That kinda threw me..

She doesn't have the mark of a demon... But I don't smell vampire on her...

I grab her by the wrist and she kicks me in the leg.

"Look bloodsucker.. I'm not who you think I am. Not that I care. You are evil. Plain and simple."

She begins to swing a knife at me and I block her. Then I notice something strange. There are small cuts by her neck, on certain parts of her arms and even her legs.

She stops trying to kill me when I look at her cuts. She tilts her head in confusion. "Why are you so interested in me?"

Tears form in my eyes... I slowly rise and turn and run to Dawn's grave. I begin to shovel the dirt with my hand.

I hit metal and I know it's Dawn's casket. I slowly lift the lid and jump out of the hole.

I look over at the girl who is too confused to even kill me. I take a couple of steps back.

I run right into someone. Him.. it's him.

I knock him in the face hard. Holding his nose, he calls for back up and before I can react I'm pinned down.

"So I see you found out my little .. secret." The man grins.

I look over at Dawn who has my arm pinned. Uncertainty is written all over her face.

The man lifts my head up. "Yes that's Dawn. That's your precious mate that I stole from you. But guess what? She doesn't even know who you are." He laughs. "You're the enemy. Remember that."

He snaps his fingers and all the hunters pull out their knives. I close my eyes, this is not going to feel good.

"WAIT!!"

I open my eyes as I hear Dawn yell out and let go of my arm.

The man sighs and turns around. "What is it Dawn.."

She takes a couple of steps forward. "You used me? I thought you said my family was killed by Vampires and I lost my memory when one hit me on the head? I thought.. I thought you cared about me!"

I watch as anger boils through her.
"YOU TOOK MY LIFE AWAY FROM ME!! MY REAL FAMILY..."

She pauses. "Am I even a real hunter?"

He doesn't reply.

"ANSWER ME!!!"

Frustrated he rolls his eyes. "Of course you aren't a real hunter. I just placed a certain liquid in your blood stream that covered all your vampire blood with scent of hunters blood."

With that Dawn lashes out so fast that the man didn't see it coming. She stabs him in the heart.

Then as she turns.. every Hunter flings their blades at her. I watch horrified as each one pierces through her skin.

Her eyes form tears. She struggles to get to me as each blade enters her back.

"I knew your name. I.. I knew your name. But I don't .. I don't know how? Tell me.. who are you to me?"

I grab her and pull her close to me as her breathing quickens.

"I am Family. Who loves you now and always."

She closes her eyes and faintly smiles. "And I love you always and forever..."