chapter 10

CICILY POV

I stay strong as the Hunters hit me and punch me. They do the worst things possible to me. I just grin at them.

"Wait til my dad finds you... Y'all are going to Hell."

One of the slaps me in the face. I laugh like a mad man. "You think hitting me is going to affect me?! Exactly who do you think I am?!"

One of the hunter gets real close to my face. "You can stop the act .. princess. I don't know how you did it but next time, you won't be coming out of the well."

He pauses and then grins. "Dawn."

Oh my gosh. Are these people serious?

I look him straight in the eyes. "You honestly think I'm Dawn?! She's dead?!"

He laughs. "Dying your hair red isn't going to make us not recognize you."

He slowly brushes his cold fingers across my face. "Why  would I not. I'm the one who killed you."

My eyes widen in shock. This man is Dawn's killer.

He rolls his eyes. "Lower the act. I know you know it's me. By the way what color do you want you cage to be. Pink or blue.. wait isn't red your favorite color?"

He laughs and walks out of the room. "Prepare her."

..........
CARTER POV

I go into Dawn's room and lie on her bed. "Oh, Dawn.. I miss you."

Slowly I close my eyes and drift to sleep.

I watch as Dawn turns and smiles at me. "Hey! Miss me?"

I run up and twirl her in the air. "You have no idea."

Suddenly her smile disappears. "Carter, you need to let me go. You have someone special in your life right now and she needs you."

I laugh. "No Dawn. You are all I ever want or wanted."

She begins to looks around paranoid. I look down at my feet and see water coming out of the ground. Dawn looks terrified.

"Carter, please let me go!! She needs you more than I do. She was meant for you. I love you Carter Ashe..but she loves you more.."

I watch helplessly as the water rushes up and swallows Dawn.

I look down and hear her words that cut through me. "Don't let her die...she's your soul mate."
Dawn disappears deep into the dark water.
"NOOOOOO!!"

I sit up sweating bullets. Cicily loves me? But I don't love her... I don't love her..

I reach down to grab my jacket and realize Cicily has it. I sigh and mutter to myself. "Dangit.. well I'm coming Cicily, but just for my jacket. Nothing more."

I shake my head and smile to myself. Even I don't believe that.