chapter 9

It's been getting very cold the last few days and even though I'm a wolf.. I am freezing. I'm walking behind everyone watching the vampires and wolves getting along like long lost friends. It's funny how one battle can unite people.

I shiver. "Jeez it's cold."

"You can use my jacket."

I turn around and see Carter taking his brown leather jacket off. Dang, I thought I was the behind everyone.

I shake my head. "No, it's fine.. I'm fine."

He rolls his eyes. "Take the darn thing."

I smirk as I take it from his hands. "You know, as much as you don't like me. You really seem to have my back."

He grumbles as he sticks his hands in his pockets. "Last time I do something nice for you." I watch as he walks ahead of me. But I'm pretty sure I saw him smile.

Suddenly a giant explosion is heard behind me and I'm thrown into the trees. The hunters are back..

Before I could get up I'm grabbed from behind. I scream. "CARTER!!!!"
I reach my hand out as he turns around in horror. The last thing I see is Carter running towards me reaching out his hand. Then a bag is put over my head and something is ejected into my neck. I feel myself slump slowly into my captor.

I hear screaming and Carter calling my name.. then silence.

........

CARTER POV

I turned as I heard Cicily scream my name. It all seemed to happen in slow motion. I ran as fast as I could to her. I almost had her hand but then a few hunters knocked me over and I watched as Cicily was ejected with what I believe is probably wolfbane and a black bag placed over her head.

A car screeches as it pulls in seconds later. "CICILY!!!"

She's thrown into the car and it is driven off to who knows where.

Garret runs over and begins to tear the hunters off me.. then Clinton joins in. I get up covered in hunters blood.  I slowly turn and look into Clinton's eyes. "I'm sorry.. I tried to-."

I begin to shake and fall to the ground. What is wrong with me. I don't care about her that much. Lots of my kind have been killed but I didn't react like this for them.

I sit in silence for a moment. I don't care about Cicily.. I don't care... I don't .. I look up as the sun has just peaked over the trees. The light of Dawn..

Dawn. I love Dawn so much... I can't care for another woman. Ever.

I get up and put on my cold stone face.  "Let's go. We have a war to win."