Chapter 7 - What happened to 8 y/o me

Well, you know, there's absolutely no other thing to say about the three years of torture that passed before me other than tiring. Those bratty unmannered kids (not wafer and expescially chilli) wouldn't stop bothering me and just mischievously pulling pranks on me, like, why???? I was only five that time and they wouldn't stop doing it even as I grew up. Three whole years being trapped in that castle because I was 'too young' to get out says my new apathetic father.

Too young? TOO YOUNG?? Then what do you think I should do while I'm still TOO YOUNG to explore what lies beyond the too long to measure garden that we have? Explore the buildings and read books? Like, hell nah. I mean, I appreciate the thought that a kid would be happier exploring her new castle but that ideas a bit too stretched out because I'm eight now, shouldn't I be able to explore other things?

Quiet, you. I meant explore as in make new friends, learn the culture here, taste new food, suddenly discover that this world has magic after all.... Huuuuuuh? Okay, okay, fine. This place has no magic whatsoever, or at least, I've never seen anyone use it around me (I'm still holding onto hope that there might be some magic elements here).

They do have something called the power of 'belief' because there are gods here and they represent different things like, um....harvest? I'm not too privy on details because hardly anyone tells me anything here. Even Cal and Tony, when I went to ask about magic or the power of belief, they'd say that they didn't know.

Well, in my speculations, the power of belief should be something like, when you believe in a god and then they give you power? I mean, I pretty much believe in that god who reincarnated me here, doesn't that count as me being worthy to get some power? *cough* (indirectly gives hint to that God of reincarnation out there who might possibly be watching my progress here).

Anyway, I'm finally going to go to school because for once, the teary sitting on lap looking cute puppy eyes on my birthday scenario worked. Although not exactly. The king has let me explore a new territory known as lessons. Basically I'm being tutored at some other noble's home with other kids my age. Well now I guess nothing could satisfy my long forgotten ideals on getting a social life.

"Heeey, little genius sister of mine, what're you doing now?" (Cal)

"Shut up Cal, I'm trying to think on what outfit to wear to my first day of school lessons. I can't wait to get to see what authority I could abuse there."

"You mean you want to bully people? Bullying is not good, little sis." (Cal)

"No! I meant getting myself to skip-"

"Skip homework and all the tiring lessons you don't want? You can't, I've tried." (Cal)

"..."

"You can always rely on me, though. I'll just be a building and a staircase away." (Cal)

"Are you trying to exhaust me to death? Who'd go that far to see your face?"

"Lots of people. Cute girls, beautiful girls, girls who like me, the guy who you li-" (Cal)

Suddenly a threatening atmosphere surrounded the Cal who was about to finish his sentence as he eyed the person still staring daggers at him and responded with an evil smirk.

Like him? No, I think he's delicious!

You think I wont actually use violence on you? Just because you're ten now doesn't mean that you can show off your popularity with the other gender and flirt with everyone and use it as a leverage to look down on me! I'm going to get serious in wooing wafer if this keeps up!

"It's okay..... I don't need big brother's help!", I smiled. As sickening as it is to act like a cute adorable little girl (only the little girl part, I'm already cute and adorable), I still have to or else I'll be exported to a place that I probably wouldn't like. Maybe some genius school were they do tests on you or like, maybe I'd be used and put into doing many tiring work stuffs and maybe I'd be monitored 24/7 to know what raises my IQ. Point is, whoever I'm near has to think that I'm just a normal little girl.

Including this stupid failure of a father right here.

"How are you doing today?" (Father)

"I'm fine!! I can't wait to go to lessons tomorrow!"

"There's been a slight change of plans. Bianca is holding a small children's ball tomorrow and she wants you to attend. So....your lessons will have to wait till two days after." (Father)

What? You're going to postpone my long awaited first lesson and cause my first impression on the kids my age and also the teachers to drop significantly? I'll be considered selfish and haughty if I miss the first day like this, or worse yet, they might ostracize me even further! I already have an illegitimate status weighing on me, I don't need any more.

Ah, whatever. Whatever, whatever, whatever. Nevermind getting a social life, I'll just go ahead and try to keep my status as shy princess. That'd be better. That would explain why I'd be a day late? I don't know. I just.... I'm just disappointed. All that adrenaline and excitement got flushed down the drain. I guess that I really was looking forward to this...

I tried to squeeze some tears out and kept my lips squished into a pout but I couldn't, and so I bowed my head down so it would seem like I was dejected. Despite being a child, it wasn't like I hadn't experienced it before. I act like a child but I'm not one.

And then I felt Cal shift in closer to check on me, "What's wrong?", he whispered.

"Go away. There's nothing wrong", I whispered back.

"Callian? Why are you sticking around your sister? Go back and study in your own." (Father)

I felt Cal stiffen up beside me and shifted away from me. I couldn't help but notice him trembling under the gaze father gave him and felt that I should turn his attention back on me, just to give Cal some space.

"No, father... I asked him to accompany me here."

"I see. I need to go and finish preparing for her ball, so if you have any wants or needs, just tell the maids what it is." (Father)

And just as fast as he came in, he left even faster. Huh, if I didn't know any better I would think this guy doesn't actually care for me.