Chapter 11 - Why were you listening?

Leave a comment to liven up the chapters, will ya?

.

"Good evening, my name is Mercia and I want to stop this unfair treatment. I believe this is very much biased as the both of you are way more informed than I am therefore I wish to change the content of the test."

Facing the two tutors who unexpectedly were not that old, probably college age, I laid down my terms for the test. I will not, absolutely will not stop persisting to go fulfil my studies. That's why I don't mind showing my brilliance to these two. Although I joke around about life int his world, in actuality, I want to know more about the place. Should there be a time where that irresponsible father decides to throw me away, I'd already be supporting myself with a side business or somewhere along that lines.

"You are.. princess Mercia?" (The older looking tutor)

"I didn't expect that you'd be..... different from what your father describes you to be." (The younger looking one)

Hmm? What did that man describe me to be? 

"So, how are you going to test me?"

"The king wanted us to test if you were capable enough of receiving proper tutelage, considering your age." (The older looking tutor)

"You're going to scare her that way. Pleased to meet you, princess. You can call me Mr.Jaden and this here is my colleague, Mr.Sien." (Jaden)

"Pleased to meet your acquaintance. I can promise you that I am ready to acquire new knowledge. And that my age does not hinder me at all."

"Considering the rumours floating about, could you have been hiding your intelligence all along, Princess Mercia?" (Sien)

"No, there was just no situation that needed it."

You must be wondering why I told these two tutors, but anyone with a brain could tell that they simply didn't care! Should I really be an idiot like the rumours, then they would just leave.

"And what's your purpose for telling us this?" (Jaden)

"Very simple, I'll tell you in two simple words. I'm bored. I needed a friend to talk to. Simply put, I'm lonely."

'I just wanted to further my studies.'

Wait. I think I just switched my text and thought bubbles.

"Thats the reason?" (Sien)

"This girl... *sigh*" (Jaden)

"You know, princess, it is perfectly normal for you to possess higher intelligence than your peers and this should be enough reason for the king to prioritize your education. If you had told the king of your intelligence, you wouldn't need to be tested." (Sien)

No,no,no.

"Highly unlikely."

I shook my head at Jaden when I said that and proceeded to sit down and hold my forehead with a hand to cover my frustration. Yes, yes, of course the king is wise and put on a pedestal by the kingdom's subjects. If course it wouldn't be this easy.

"So, you are saying, it's okay being smart? The king will praise me instead?"

"Yes, perfectly fine." (Jaden)

"Your father, the king, had wanted to test you in case you weren't ready for school but now there isn't any reason to. Your intelligence should be enough." (Sien)

"My intelligence was never questioned. The problem was how other people viewed me."

The tutors just decided to ignore my statement. They then picked up their belongings and proceeded to leave.

"Well, we hope to see you on the next lesson, princess." (Sien)

As they left, the door hung open and a green head popped out, "Hey, baby sis!!"

"Leave, you vegetable! I don't need your annoyance right now."

"You don't wanna know who came with me?" (Cal)

Two other knocks came and the door opened slowly to reveal the face that had whiten the other day, Triel.

"Should I come another time?" (Triel)

I immediately closed my eyes and turned on my most harmless look that I can do.

'Look, look! I'm not a bad person!'

The head that was at the door seemed like it was retreating.

No,no,no,no, wait! I'm really not a bad person!!

A thump could be felt on my head, ouch! I looked up and saw Cal shaking his head, "You're scaring him."

"I didn't mean to!"

"Then stop looking like you're about to eat him."

"I wasn't going to! Stop making things up."

Cal waved at Triel, telling him to come in, "It's okay, she's just a kid!"

Yes, I'm a harmless kid!

Triel didn't look so convinced but still came inside and sat beside Cal, making sure he was faar away from me.

I really don't bite. Why is he so afraid?