Chapter 14 - After our 7th meeting

Im 8. Did I tell you that I'm eight already? Right, I must've said that somewhere somewhen...

Right now I just cannot believe it. I know I'm technically 8, I know that whatever I do must be influenced by my child like body and will not show the adult person that I am to the fullest. But I don't believe this... there's no possiblity of this actually happening.

Mercia, 8 this year, after experiencing multiple heart breaks over pretty boys and experienced an emotional drawback from her incompetent family, has finally experienced what it felt to have her heart beat out of control.

I don't understand why a childish brat like Vil could have such a brother. Theres no way he could make me feel like this unless..... don't tell me I have a fetish for older brother types?? No, no, no. It must be because I've always wanted an older brother before and this child who came out of nowhere stood out so differently because his brother was normal and every child near me were monstrously mature for their age.

After meeting Vil for 7 days, I understood tht he was definetely, mentally, still a little boy. No faking it right there. He's definetely still a simple boy. Yet how does he have such a cool, handsome, dependable older brother??

If only my brothers were anything like that.

Speaking of brothers, I couldn't help but turn to the table of royals that centered my siblings. I should be there too, I thought. Wait a bit, I'm an adult so these childish bullying won't phase me any bit. That's why I'm perfectly content with having Vil here accompany me for a stroll around the garden.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Cal in the group, still as distant as the day he first ignored me. No, I'm the one who chose not to talk to him, so it's me ignoring him first... *sigh*

Who am I to kid myself? I miss the boy who annoyed me as much as I miss the warmth of a good sibling. I miss my sister, but I can't go back to the other world anymore so I'll have to put up with this big ego of mine and say sorry.

Right after I spend more time leeching off of this handsome older brother's enchanting aura.

"MER!!! Listen to me, okay!!" (Vil)

Vil roughly held me by the elbows and shook me out of my daze. Right, right, I was currently talking to him about....hmmm?? What was I talking about again?

"Vil, don't continue to pester Mercia. Plus, it's very rude to take hold of someone else like that." (Bigbroperfect)

"But brotheer, she wasn't listening!" (Vil)

"It's okay, I don't mind."

Rather than this, I'm more worried for when you'll tell me your name. *sigh* Tell me what your name is, oh ever so slightly perfect older brother. *cough*cough*. Right, umm, it could just be me still having emotional drawbacks from Cal leaving me to fend for myself in the wild or the fact that I won't be able to meet my little sister ever again.

"Umm, Vil's older brother-"

"You can call me older brother too, y'know? Don't need to be so corteus." (Bigbroperfect)

Although I live this kindness of yours, I meant that I needed your name, *sigh*. Just as I was about to try to pry out his name, they were both called by their father for something important and I'm back to sitting on the grass alone.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Cal walking towards me, his gait as elegant as royals. Although he is a royal, isn't he?

"Didn't think you'd go for anyone as long as they were pretty." (Cal)

"Vil's my friend."

"Then I guess looking at your friend's brother with goo goo eyes can still be called acceptable?" (Cal)

"What do you have to do with it anyway?"

Cal sat down next to me and looked at the direction my eyes were glued at, which was at Vil's brother.

"Is he nice, that older brother you've been staring at?" (Cal)

"Very nice."

"As nice as me?" (Cal)

I can't stop myself from letting out a small smile, "Nicer than you." Right, I promised myself I'd say sorry to him so I can't chicken out now!!

"I'm sorry, for making you feel bad. For not being a good little sister."

"Yeah, you better be." (Cal)

"HEY! I'm sincerely trying to apologise and you-"

And then I felt that familiar presense and warmth around me and for thw first time, I hugged back.

"I missed you a lot, little sis." (Cal)

"I missed you too... *sniff*"

"Are you crying?" (Cal)

"No I'm not!!"

I hugged him even tighter so he can't see the sweat leaking from my eyes. No, I'm not crying. It's just... I'm just.. Then I felt Cal's hand rubbjng my back, gently cooing me.

"Shh, it's okay." (Cal)

"Are you done with your tantrum?"

"Heh, so it's me throwing a tantrum?" (Cal)

"Urgrruuhh, *sniff* You can't believe how.....*sniff*..how lonely it was!!"

She really is just a kid after all...

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry, okay?" (Cal)

"Hmmph."

"Do you still need help in the romance department? I'd be happy to help, y'know?" (Cal)

"No! I can do this by myself. Besides, last time you helped, he turned out disliking girls. Even before that....that failure of a knight wannabe Tony..."

"Hahaha. Come on, baby sis, grudges like that you should just learn to let go." (Cal)

Cal patted my head and although I would've raged previously, right now I crave some emotional support so he's actually helping alot. I can't believe that I used to hate that he's always sticking to me. Look at me now, I'm clearly the one wanting to stick to him.

"How was it? Being with Bianca these past few weeks?"

"Well, it is way more fun over there with alot more people..." (Cal)

So he does like to be near Bianca...

"But that's just not my style. I'd rather hang around my genius baby sister." (Cal)

Then he flashed me his signature grin and I can't help but think how cool Cal could be.