32| comic-con panic panel

maisie was tired. all day she had been in and out of interviews with the cast at comic con. she did enjoy it, but it was all getting a little bit too much for her at this point.

microphones were shoved in her face, people were talking at her, she was separated from most of her cast mates to do single interviews.

maisie was stressed. she felt the anxiety bubbling up into my chest and she felt like she needed to scream. she was keeping her cool, although. nobody knew how she could get, which was probably a bit dangerous and silly, but she didnt want anybody to worry.

she was about to go up for another carpet interview when her body just went limp, her eyes went fuzzy and her head went heavy. she couldnt stay, but she also couldnt leave. she had a job to do.

"hey, maisie. are you okay?" finn asked with worry.

"i'm, h-h-aving a panic attack," she tried to say calmly, mostly for finns sake.

"holy fuck, shit shit shit."

"finn, i-i need to leave,"

he grabbed her hand and dragged her through the crowd of people, past the cast and crew, the interviewers, other celebrities.

finn tried so hard to be calm and help maisie but he had no fucking idea how to help.

"right, maisie, maisie? can you hear me?" she nodded, "good, okay good. listen to my voice okay? breathe with me,"

she gripped onto finns hand for dear life, she was trying to control her breathing and after a while, she could finally see finn clearly.

she had tears running down her face and she looked drained, "im sorry." she said in a whisper.

"hey, don't be sorry. are you okay?" he asked, concerned.

"not really," she sobbed holding her hands to her face, "it all just gets too much and i feel so fucking overwhelmed," she explains.

"its okay, you dont have to explain yourself to me, im just worried. do you think you could come back out there?" he asked warily.

she shrugged, "not looking like this," she laughed weakly.

the young boy looked at her with a sympathetic smile, "sit down, ill get you a bottle of water and find someone. just try and sort your breathing out and try not to work yourself up, okay?" he told her and she nodded.

she was soon left alone. she sat with her head in her hands. her coat was to the side of her and she closed her eyes. what a mess, she thought. she was so angry with herself, she should be able to control her anxiety, but sometimes it just happens.

"maisie, maisie? are you okay?" joes voice rung through her ears.

she looked up at the boy weakly and gave a smile, "never better," she mumbled.

he rolled his eyes at her, worry still lacing his features, and brought her into a hug, "finn came to grab somebody about you, when i heard what happened i was so worried, i feel so bad that i wasnt there," he sighed.

"dont be stupid joe, its not your job to look after me. you were busy and i was suppose to be, too. i would have stupidly done the interview whilst having a panic attack if it wasn't feel finn," she smiled a small smile.

"that kid is an angel i swear," he mumbled.

yeah," she whispered, leaning her head against joe's shoulder as she felt the tears in her eyes form.

"hey, hey, hey. its okay," he soothed her, finn soon arrived back with the duffers.

they told her to sit the panel out and although she didnt want to, she knew it was best for her. so, there she was, sat in the wings watching the rest of her cast mates out on the stage as she couldnt help feeling like she had let them all down.