124 | sister talk

joe was sat downstairs in the carlson family house with star wars playing on the big screen whilst maisie was answering the unexpected call she received from her manager roughly half an hour ago.

he was sat on one sofa and lily was sat on the other, they had been chatting amongst their selves, both being big fans of star wars.

"maisie isn't the biggest fan of star wars," lily laughed.

"god don't i know it," he sighed jokingly, "i made her watch it round mine and she fell asleep not even ten minutes into it," he smiled at the memory.

lily giggled, "yep, thats my sister." silence filled the room from the pair as the movie played, lily felt a little shy and unsure of what to do when it came to joe, she wasn't used to maisie having a boyfriend, let alone a nice one.

"you know, she likes you a lot. you're her first boyfriend," lily told him as if it was a secret.

"really?" he said, feeling a bit shocked. he didnt know how a girl as amazing as maisie could never have been in a relationship before. he also felt proud because he was the first to do many things with her, and he loved that.

lily nodded, "yeah, i think she had about one or two boys she was 'seeing' but nothing ever got serious," she continued on, "its not that she wants to wait for someone special to do it, its just the fact that she's so busy and also finds it hard to get attached to things and people. she gets bored easily too," she laughed at the end.

"what do you mean?" joe asked, eyebrows furrowed upon his forehead.

lilys eyes went wide and she felt the heat on her cheeks rise, "fuck," she muttered, "i wasnt sure if she wanted you to know- if she didnt tell you already, shit. dont tell her i told you, okay?"

"i doesnt matter to me that shes, you know. i think its cool," he tried to act cool about it.

it didnt bother him in the slightest that he was dating a virgin. girls might like joe now but when he was growing up he wasn't the coolest boy and most girls didnt want to know. he lost his virginity when he was round about twenty/twenty one with his ex girlfriend, so he didnt think it was anything to be embarrassed of. if anything it turned him on a fraction, knowing how pure and untouched she was really did things to him.

but obviously he couldnt tell her sister that, god no.

"she is cool. shes basically my best friend and i love how you both act around each other. i want to find love like that one day," she admitted. lily was only eighteen but what she said was true. she meant every word.

"love?" joe said with wide eyes,

lily snorted, "what? you havent told her yet?" she asked confused.

"told her what?"

lily sighed at the boys obliviousness, "that you fucking love her, douche bag. - wait has she not told you that she loves you?-" joe shook his head"-oh thats amazing," she laughed.

"shit," joe mumbled, "do you think she knows?"

"knows that you love her? probably not, she's an amateur, joe. she clearly loves you but hasn't said anything because she doesn't think you feel the same way," lily explained.

joe sighed, rubbing his head, "well, fuck." was all he said in response to the younger carlson girl.