23 | week off

"hey," maisie said with a bright, beaming smile on her face as she greeted joe.

it had been a few days since they wrapped up the show and maisie was staying in america for her week off as after they'd be heading off to comic-con so realistically, she didn't have enough time to go home and rest at the same time as the stress of flying and spending enough time with everyone would be causing her such anxiety.

"hey!" he said happily wrapping her into a hug, "you look cute," he said looking her up and down.

she was wearing a silk, yellow, short slip dress with some slip on shoes, sunglasses and a black bag. she looked very pretty and cute. joe was in awe of her.

"so do you," she said nudging him, "shall we eat?"

they spent their meal chatting and laughing. anyone looking at them from a far would assume they were an item. they seemed to just adore each others company so much it was sickly sweet.

once they'd finish eating, they sat at their table outside in the quiet for a good few hours just enjoying each other's company. once they had paid and got bored, they headed downtown.

"hey, wait here a sec," he mumbled into her ear grabbing her waist quickly before leaving and hopping into the side shop. she sat down on the bench near to the shop and scrolled through her phone as she waited for joes arrival.

she heard him clear his throat from above her and when he looked up, the arm behind his back was now in front of him with a bunch of roses in his hands.

"what the fuck, keery." she said with a wide mouth, "what are you doing," she mumbled.

"i saw them when i came to meet you and i didnt think much of them until i saw what you were wearing and i just thought they'd look cute," he shrugged tryna play off cool but he was a great, big fucking cute nerd in her eyes.

"you're so fucking cute what the fuck," she cussed.

"hey, language! disgusting," he tutted jokingly. she rolled her eyes and tried to snatch the flowers out of his hands when he pulled back.

"not so fast, boy." he said, cheekiness in his voice.

"what?"

he tapped his cheek, leaning his head out at the same time. "i hate you," she laughed.

she leaned up, grabbing his shoulders leaving a long, sweet kiss against the skin of his cheek. her lips stayed there for a while and when she pulled away she realised how close to the side of his mouth she was, his breathing was heavy and his eyes were hooded at the girl he secretly adored.

"fuck you, keery," she said as she pulled back. snatching the flowers from him, with a cheeky smirk on her pretty little face.