111 | birthday fun

"happy birthday maisie!"

"what are you doing today?"

"how are you?"

the four adults were at a convention today which excited maisie more than ever.
they got told that at the convention they'd be having interviews and playing games, which none of them found a problem with at all.

throughout the day joe was attached to maisie's hip, which she actually didn't mind at all.

"this is so fun," maisie smiled like a little kid up to joe,

"i know, its so cool i love it." he grinned back at her.

they had done interviews as a four, as a two and singularly as well. all the same usual stuff they got up to.

maisie also took time out and visited some fans, to see how they were doing but things got a little rough and busy so she had to be escorted out to the green room, where they were currently at now.

"shall we go out later?" natalia asked them.

maisie shrugged, "we could go out for dinner or something? i don't mind really i'll do anything as long as im with you guys," she said from her laid down position on the sofa as her head was in joes lap.

"shall we go clubbing," charlie joked.

"to a french club?" joe questioned, "honestly we should," he laughed.

"to be honest, we could," maisie suggested.

"thats so funny," natalia giggled, "us four going out clubbing in france. what could possibly go wrong."

the day soon turned into night and joe and maisie were in their hotel room getting ready to go out.

"i have no clue what to wear," she groaned as she fell from her seated position on the bed to a laying down one in frustration.

"do you wanna go out?" he asked her from the mirror.

she nodded slightly as she sat up, propped up by her elbows. "i guess so, i mean i havent been clubbing since i was eighteen i swear. it'll be different," she said.

"yeah, but are you sure you want to go? we can go for a dinner if you want, chill out you know," he suggested, reassuring her.

"do you not want to go out?" she asked him.

"its not that i don't want to, i just want to make sure you're comfortable and safe. i don't want you getting yourself into something you don't want to be doing," he admitted.

maisies heart fluttered and her cheeks glistened a pink at his words, she bit down on her lip and looked at joe.
he as so loving, so caring of her and it made her heart beat out of her chest. she was falling even more for him each day, she felt like she could openly admit that she loved him.

but that scared her a lot. maisie felt vulnerable when it came to love, she wasn't a big player in the relationship game, this was her first proper boyfriend. she had only fooled around with two or three boys in her twenty one years of life and she had never truly felt or knew the meaning of love. that was until joe was in the picture.

she was still insecure in the relationship they
built together, she was still a twenty one year old virgin which she hadn't told joe about, but she wasn't sure if it truly mattered or if he didn't actually know already.
she was scared that she couldn't give her all to him before she fell in love with him, heck she was still scared she couldn't give him her all even being in love with him. she was scared to admit how strong her feelings were to him. but she just hoped that he felt that strongly towards her.

"i'll make you a deal, if i don't like it, vice versa, we can leave and cuddle up in here. yeah?" she suggested.

joe nodded, "deal."

as the couple got changed, helping each other decide what to wear, maisie had a thought on her mind all day since her mum text her that morning.

she was going back to england in a few days and whilst her mum wished her happy birthday and told her she was dearly missed, she also asked about joe.

"hey, joe?" maisie asked, fiddling with her hair.

"mhm?" he hummed putting on his shoes and looking up to her.

"my mum text me this morning," she started and he looked at her as if to say to her to continue on, "she was asking about you and, well, i mean i know its thanksgiving for you soon so i didn't want to be a pain or ruin that time or whatever.." she let out a deep breath, "basically what i'm trying to ask is, did you want to maybe, i dunno, come to england for a few days with me?" she asked shyly.

he looked at her and before he got the chance to speak she nattered on again, "i mean- i know its a lot to ask and all, you don't have to-"

"i'd love to come to england with you, actually." he said, almost as if he was proving a point.

"really?" she said, shocked.

he let out a little chuckle and nodded, "of course. i kinda wanted you to ask," he laughed.

"oh my god," she giggled, "thank you," she said to him.

"why are you thanking me? i'd go anywhere with you apparently." he joked giving her a cheesy grin and laughing a little.

...

"okay so, everything about tonight was weird," maisie finally spoke as they reached their hotel room.

"i need to remember i'm twenty five and not eighteen anymore, that shit doesn't excite me," he admitted with a little laugh.

"i cant believe i ever went out when i was younger, surely i should still enjoy going out? i mean, i'm only just twenty one, am i a lame twenty one year old? oh my god i'm so lame," maisie drunkenly rambled on.

joe placed a finger to her lips to hush her, "shh," he said playfully. she opened her mouth and bit his finger letting out a giggle as he yelped.

she stripped down to just her panties and crawled into bed.

joe soon joined her, trying to fight the urge to touch her whilst she was in a drunk, vulnerable state of mind. however once he wrapped his arms around her waist to spoon her, she grabbed his hands lightly and trailed them over her body, reaching her panties.

she bit her lip and hummed as she made his fingers skim the material. she placed one of his hands under the fabric and she let his fingers do the rest.

"happy birthday, baby."