38 | finally

"what do you think about what people assume about us?" maisie asked joe, breaking the silence.

"what do you mean?" he asked taking his eyes away from the book he was reading and looked at her.

"like, when they assume we're dating?" she mumbled, red tinting her cheeks slightly.

his eyes flickered on her face, not sure how to answer her. "i guess they can think what they want, right?" he tried to choose his words carefully.

"i guess so, does it ever put you off?" she asked,

"put me off what?" he said with furrowed eyebrows,

"me," he said quietly.

"put me off you?" he said, shocked. she nodded, "absolutely not. i like being around you, maisie. i like that people think we're together or whatever," he said awkwardly.

"oh yeah?" she said,

"yeah." he nodded, "but it makes me sad because we're not,"

she was shocked with his words, she didnt expect him to say something like that like, at all. her eyes were wide.

"why haven't you ever made a move then?" she challenged softly.

"are you oblivious, maisie?" he said with a laugh, "all the signs of me liking you were there, i'm always around you, i love your company, i laugh at your stupid english jokes, i pick on you, i want to be around you more than i wanna be around my family at most times. don't you see it? i like you, maisie."

"joe- i-"

"don't, if you don't feel the same then thats fine, but i just couldnt keep it in. i needed you to know so i didnt feel like such a loser," he laughed pathetically at himself.

she decided not to reply and instead she smashed her lips against his, moving onto his body, holding his face with her little hands. his hands grabbed at her waist and he deepened the kiss, "you don't understand how long ive waited for that," he mumbled against her lips.

"you're such a fucking loser, keery." she growled attaching their lips again, "such a fucking loser."