Chapter 2. DIY Life Hacks & Fun Facts

21. Health & Fitness: The 2 most effective treatments for battling depression are exercises and spending time with pets.

22. Health & Fitness: Drinking 2 glasses of Gatorade can relieve headache pain almost immediately, without the unpleasant side effects caused by traditional pain relievers.

23. Health & Fitness: A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar relieves allergy and asthma symptoms.

24. Health & Fitness: Next time you have a sore throat, eat marshmallows.

25. Health & Fitness: Make an "X" on a bug bite with your fingernail. The itch will go away, the idea is that you press your fingernails into a mosquito bite to make an "X" like shape, it will spread out the toxin over a larger part of the skin to reduce the itch.

26. Health & Fitness: Cuddling actually helps wounds heal faster due to the release of oxytocin.

27. Health & Fitness: If you're ever feeling sleepy, hold your breath for as long as you can, and then breathe out slowly. It increases your heart rate.

28. Health & Fitness: Eating tomatoes helps to prevent sunburn. Tomatoes provide the best defense against sun damage.

29. Health & Fitness: Listening to music while working can boost your running and lifting ability by almost 15%.

30. Relationship: "Would I rather be right or happy?" Always keep this question in mind in an emotionally high moment.

31. Money Savers: Never buy shoes again! Payless will replace any pair of shoes you buy from there if they fall apart or break, regardless of how long you've had them or what you've put them through.

32. Money Savers: Buying a car? But it at the end of the month. Salespeople have quotas to meet each month and will be more likely to cut you a deal.

33. Money Savers: Candles will burn longer and drip less if they are placed in the freezer for a few hours before using.

34. Money Savers: If you're the designated driver, tell the bartender. Often times they'll give you soda and/or food for free.

35. Money Savers: Don't buy new ink cartridges, take the old ones to Costco and get them filled for only $10.

36. Money Savers: If you have .edu email address, you can get an Amazon Prime account. This lets you watch almost unlimited TV/Movies.

37. Money Savers: Always go car shopping in the rain. No one wants to negotiate in the rain. The process will be quickened and most likely end in your favor.

38. Health & Fitness: Drinking two cups of water before meals can make you lose an average of 4.5 more pounds within 12 weeks than if you don't.

39. Health & Fitness: Adding vodka to your shampoo can strengthen your hair, and prevent dry scalp and stop dandruff.

40. Health & Fitness: 9 foods that can and will get rid of an upset stomach: (1) Bananas (2) Ginger (3) Plain yogurt (4) Papaya (5) Applesauce (6) Oatmeal (7) White Rice (8) Chamomile Tea (9) Chicken Broth.