Chapter 14. DIY Life Hacks & Fun Facts

261. Fun Fact: Damascus, Syria is the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world. Civilization can be traced as far back as 2,000 B.C.

262. Fun Fact: An apple, potato and onion all taste the same if your eat them with your nose plugged.

263. Fun Fact: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

264. Fun Fact: Diet soda kills brain cells because they use so many chemicals to make it "diet."

265. Fun Fact: Because heat expands the metal, the Eiffel Tower always leans away from the sun.

266. Fun Fact: The first city in America to have a TV station was: Schenectady, NY.

267. Fun Fact: Mosquitoes are attracted to the color blue twice as much as any other color.

268. Fun Fact: Pearls melt in vinegar.

269. Fun Fact: Your brain comes out to play at night: You'd think that your brain is more active during the day, when the rest of your body is. But it's not. Your brain is more active when you sleep.

270. Fun Fact: The world's largest alphabet in Cambodian, with 74 letters.

271. Fun Fact: There is a planet that may be made entirely out of diamonds.

272. Fun Fact: Mercury and Venus are the only two planets in our solar system that don't have any moons.

273. Fun Fact: Uranus has 27 moons that have been discovered so far.

274. Fun Fact: Triton, one of Neptune's moons, is gradually getting closer to the planet it orbits.

275. Fun Fact: Because of its unique tilt, a single night on Uranus lasts for 21 years.

276. Fun Fact: If your were driving at 75 miles (121 km) per hour, it would take 258 days to drive around one of Saturn's rings.

277. Fun Fact: Any free-moving liquid in outer space will form itself into a sphere, because of it surface tension.

278. Fun Fact: The width of the Milky Way is around 100,000 light years.

279. Fun Fact: Venus is the only planet that spins backwards relative to the other planets. This is because a meteorite smashed into it after Earth was hit, and that blow to Venus is what caused it to spin counter clockwise instead of clockwise. Venus and Earth were once twins and they still are.

280. Fun Fact: The hottest planet in our solar system is Venus. Most people often think that it would be mercury, as it's the closest planet to the sun. This is because Venus has a lot of gases in its atmosphere, which causes the "Greenhouse Effect".