Chapter 11. DIY Life Hacks & Fun Facts

201. Fun Fact: Months that start with a Sunday always has a Friday the 13th.

202. Fun Fact: Tomatoes were once preferred to as "love apples." This is because there was a superstition that people would fall in love by eating them.

203. Fun Fact: The letters H I O X in the Latin alphabet is the only ones that look the same if you turn them upside down or see them from behind.

204. Fun Fact: There's no ice covering Iceland.

205. Fun Fact: There are 2,000,000 different combinations of sandwiches that can be created from a SUBWAY menu.

206. Fun Fact: Los Angeles' full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula."

207. Fun Fact: Did you know over 500 meteorites hit the Earth every year?

208. Fun Fact: The Atlantic Ocean has a greater salt content than the Pacific Ocean.

209. Fun Fact: Did you know that the longest English word at 45 letters is Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. It's an artificial long word said to mean a lung disease caused by inhaling very fine ash, sand, and dust.

210. Fun Fact: By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.

211. Fun Fact: Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.

212. Fun Fact: Did you know that the average bed contains over 6 billion dust mites?

213. Fun Fact: Poor eyesight (myopia) is associated with an higher IQ.

214. Fun Fact: The largest man-made lake in the U.S. is Lake Mead, created by Hoover Dam.

215. Fun Fact: Did you know Mercury is the only metal that is liquid at room temperature?

216. Fun Fact: One in every 9,000 people is an albino.

217. Fun Fact: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch or Llsnfair for short is the actual name of a village in the Northern Wales. (Yeah, it's real.)

218. Fun Fact: No matter how hard you squeeze the two ends of an egg, it will NEVER break.

219. Fun Fact: A "clue" originally meant a ball of thread. This is why one is said to "unravel" the clues of an mystery.

220. Fun Fact: Finagle's Law was the one that went, "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong." Not Murphy's Law.