Chapter 9. DIY Life Hacks & Fun Facts

161. Fun Fact: Venus is the only planet in the solar system to spin backwards.

162. Fun Fact: Contrary to popular belief, possums, squirrels, chipmunks and mice do not carry rabies.

163. Fun Fact: One reason that kittens sleep so much is because a growth hormone is released only during sleep.

164. Fun Fact: A person's ashes can be turned into a diamond.

165. Fun Fact: The yin-yang patterns earliest use is in Rome. Not China.

166. Fun Fact: Moths are unable to fly during an earthquake.

167. Fun Fact: Antarctica has only one ATM machine.

168. Fun Fact: Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades [King David]
Clubs [Alexander the Great]
Hearts [Charlemagne]
Diamonds [Julius Caesar]
.

169. Fun Fact: When a male penguin falls i love with a female penguin he searches the entire beach to find the perfect pebble to represent her. And when he finally finds it, he waddles over to her and places the pebble right in front of her. Kind of like a proposal.

170. Fun Fact: The average person can live for eleven days without water, assuming a mean temperature of 60o F.

171. Fun Fact: The nail of our middle finger grows the fastest and the nail of our thumb grows the slowest.

172. Fun Fact: Quito in Ecuador, South America, is said to have the most pleasant climate in the world. It's the "Land of Eternal Spring." The temperature rarely drops below 46o degrees fahrenheit during the night, or exceed 72o degrees Fahrenheit during the day.

173. Fun Fact: Babies always have blue eyes when they are born: Melanin and exposure to ultraviolet light are needed to bring out the true color of baby's eyes. Until then, they all have blue eyes.

174. Fun Fact: The word "News" didn't come about it because it was the plural of new. It came from the first letters of the words North, East, West, and South (N.E.W.S). This was because information was being gathered from all different directions.

175. Fun Fact: The most dangerous job in the United States, is Fishermen, followed by logging and then garbage collection.

176. Fun Fact: Flamingos are not naturally pink. They get their color from their food, tiny blue-green algae that turns pink during digestion.

177. Fun Fact: The shortest version is the Bible consists of two words: "Jesus wept" (John 11:35).

178. Fun Fact: Did you know that Mars appears red because it's covered in rust?

179. Fun Fact: Tigers not only have striped fur, but they also have striped skin.

200. Fun Fact: Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.