Chapter 8. DIY Life Hacks & Fun Facts

141. Fun Fact: Children born in the month of May are on the average 200 grams heavier at birth than children born in any other month.

142. Fun Fact: Did you know the Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters.

143. Fun Fact: The Ouija board got its name from the combination of the French and German words for "Yes" oui and "Yes" ja in German.

144. Fun Fact: When the moon is directly over your head, you weigh slightly less.

145. Fun Fact: The longest officially recognized place name is: Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu.

146. Fun Fact: When a female horse and a male donkey mate, the offspring is called a mule, but when a male horse and a female donkey mates, the offspring is called a hinny.

147. Fun Fact: L.L. Cool J is the only rap star to have performed at a presidential inaugural concert. He performed at Bill Clinton's gala in 1993.

148. Fun Fact: The Dvorak keyboard is more efficient than QWERTY. 20 times faster, in fact.

149. Fun Fact: The human brain stops growing at the age of 18.

150. Fun Fact: Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

151. Fun Fact: A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

152. Fun Fact: False teeth are often radioactive. Approximately 1 million Americans wear some form of denture; half of these dentures are made of porcelain compound laced with minute amounts of uranium to stimulate fluorescence. Without the uranium addictive the dentures would be dull a dull green when seen under artificial light.

153. Fun Fact: The first cellphone was invented in 1924.

154. Fun Fact: If humans had the same metabolism as a hummingbird, they would have to intake 150,000 calories a day.

155. Fun Fact: In its ancient form, the carrot was purple, not orange.

156. Fun Fact: Mario, of Super Mario Bros. game, appeared in the 1981 arcade game, Donkey Kong. His original name was Jumpman, but was changed to Maria to honor the Nintendo of America's landlord, Mario Segale.

157. Fun Fact: A cosmic year is the amount of time it takes the sun to revolve around the center of the MIlky Way, about 225 million years.

158. Fun Fact: The only three non-Presidents pictured on U.S. paper money are: Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill, Benjamin Franklin on the $100 bill, and Salmon Chase on the $10,000 bill.

159. Fun Fact: At 120 miles per hour, a Formula One car generates so much downforce that it can drive upside down on the roof of a tunnel.

160. Fun Fact: Until the 1960s, men with long hair were not allowed to enter Disneyland.