Escaped Spirit

Jim walked through the parking lot when he noticed a familiar face walk right by him.  "Jenn!  Hey Jenn, it's me!" he yelled as he ran behind her trying his best to get her attention.  He quickly walked in front of her, "It's me, your brother." he continued to yell as Jennifer walked right through him, then again he hickup.  "Shit, I see where the damn hiccups are coming from. My sister can't hear me.  How am I going to accomplish my goal if I can't even communicate with the living?  This shit doesn't make sense at all." he said as he watches his sister place her bags inside the trunk.   Jim stood in front of the car, while his sister was starting her car.  When he was about to move out of the way, her sister drove off driving right through him once again.   "What the hell sister, I knew you never really care, but shit, running through me, isn't cool.  Hiccup," he said as he began to chase the car.  When his sister stopped for the light, he quickly jumped into the car through the closed window.

Jennifer arrived home and Luke quickly walked out of the house to help her with the bags.  "You're back fast.  I thought you were going shopping for clothing?" asked Luke   "I was, but I've been thinking of my brother all day.  I have a weird feeling that I haven't been able to brush off." she explained  "What was that?" he asked  "Don't you laugh, but somehow I felt his presence.  I smell in the air.  Which that's impossible, because I saw him before we placed him underground." she said as they both walked into the house together.

"Oh, shit, she can smell me. That's good to know," he mutters as he walked in the house, having the door closed in his face as he then walked through the closed door.   "Well, how in the world do you remember what Uncle Jim smell like?" Luke asked confused.   "Let me tell you something about your Uncle Jim, he was always an asshole.  Once upon a time, he was a good kid.  We were always together.  We played together, went to school together, we even went to parties together.  One day he met the wrong group of friends, and that was when I lost my brother forever." she explained. 

"So do you still feel his presence?" he asked  "Well, I kind of still do.  Maybe his ghost is hanging around, I was the only family he had." she said with a smile as she put the groceries away.  "Well, I think this whole thing is creepy.  I'm going to play some video games, if you need me I'll be in my room," he said as he kissed his mother forehead and headed towards his bedroom.

"Go ahead, I'm going to start on dinner, I'll call you when it's done," she muttered as she began to cook dinner.  

Jim spirit entity was restless.  "I must find a way to communicate with her.  But how?" he thought as he sat on a chair watching her prepare dinner.  He kept staring at the tomato sitting on the counter.  He stared at it for quite a while but continued staring at a tomato.   "Only if I can move it." he thought when suddenly the tomato moved a little.  "Oh, shit!  I made it move a little," he said  Then he stared at it harder and thought about moving it in his head, then suddenly the tomato moved and rolled off the counter.   

Jennifer saw when it moved, "Hey, stupid tomatoes have a mind of there own, they always roll off the table." she said as she picked it off the floor, washed it and began to slice the tomato.   "Dummy, it didn't roll off the table on it's on.  Be for real sis, I thought you were smarter than that?" he muttered as he looked over her shoulder as she stirs the pot of stew.

Then when Jennifer puts the large spoon down, Jim knocks it off the stove onto the floor.  "Shit, what now? What's wrong with me today, I just keep dropping everything," she said as he continued to cook.    "Hey, dumb ass, it's me!  You pain in the ass brother ghost it's trying to talk to you, but like usual, you're not listening," he yelled very loud.  

Then suddenly a cold chill brushed Jennifer's neck.  "Oh, shit, there's that feeling again. What the hell Jim, go to hell and leave me alone.  I smell you." she muttered in a whisper as she looked around in wonder.

"Shit, she feels me here, finally. What to do, what to do," said Jim as he also looked around. "Well, at least I can move things.  What should I do to communicate with her?" he continued when he noticed the smell chalk message board on the wall near the refrigerator.   "Time to hunt my sister," he whispered as he floated over to the blackboard. 

He picked up the chalk, as Jennifer was placing the food on the table.  She saw the chalk float in the air.   "What the hell?  You are here aren't you?" she said as she walked towards the blackboard.