A Small Secret [e]

awwww theyre so cute i- d'awwwwwww

ON A SIDE NOTE CRAP I FORGOT TO CHANGE THE PLACEHOLDER FOR THE CHAPTER TITLE IM SORRY

(K.)

Amalia

Yugo and Balthazaar continue to talk while some of the children lead me away. They're so excited to show me around that they keep accidentally talking over one another. I can't really understand what they're trying to tell me, but I'm so taken by their cuteness I try to listen as best as I can, asking questions where possible. 

From what I can glean, this beautiful place is called "Emrub". The Zaap leads to the current Eliatrope Kingdom, but the children frequently return to Emrub. They say it's because they miss it here, and because resources are often scarce; the council is working on a solution for that. 

Before I realize it, Yugo's tapping me on the shoulder. "We should probably head back." His voice is soft and almost hesitant. "What is it?" I giggle. "Bow-meow got your tongue?" This earns a smile from him, and he replies, "Not at all, it just seemed like you guys were having fun over here." 

He turns slightly toward the children, who cheer in response, and begin talking over one another again. "-was really fun!- she's so cool- can't we show her around some m- she has to go? awwww....-" Laughing heartily, he pats the head and puts his hand on the shoulder of those he can reach. "Now, now, calm down. Don't worry, I'm sure Amalia would love to come back for a visit soon too." I smile and nod in agreement. I loved it here.

When everything died down, Yugo and I wave goodbye to Balthazaar and the Eliatropes. He makes a portal, and I step through first.  To my surprise I didn't feel the urge to hurl. I emerge from the portal and look around to see the familiar setting of my room.

 Unexpectedly I find myself lost in the past. When we first came to the Sadida kingdom, now years ago, he would always knock on my door at the exact same time every night. We would sit together and talk about anything that came to mind for hours before falling asleep. It's always been easy to be around him.

Yugo steps out of his portal and closes it. Even though I'd only been pondering things for a second, it felt like forever. "Ami? Everything okay?"  He looks at me with an expression I don't recognize; puzzled yet content? "I didn't mean to go into your room without permission," he said jokingly and smiled. Sadida, his smile was perfect!

It was like I was floating on air; I lost myself in his loving and blanketing gaze. I have no idea how much time passes as we just stare at each other before a loud noise at my door startles us. I giggle, blushing, almost embarrassed until I remind myself that I'm allowed to think that he's cute. 

The moment I turn the doorknob a fraction the door bursts open and I'm alarmed until I recognize Elely. She jumped up, excited, and cries, "Yugo!" Before tackling him to the ground. I laugh wholeheartedly. "Welcome in, then!" 

Tristepin knocks at the doorway, getting my attention. "Amalia! Long time no...er..." Eva puts a hand on his shoulder. "Long time no see," she finishes for him. "Right! I knew that." Chuckling, I pull them into a hug. "I missed you guys!" Flopin pops out of nowhere. "We missed you too!" I ruffle his hair in greeting before stepping out of the way and motioning for them to enter.

I decide to try to joke around a bit. "You know, it wasn't nice of you to come in here without knocking!" I raise my voice sternly, though not enough to disturb the sleeping child in Eva's arms. "I could've been undressed!"

Pinpin laughs. "With Yugo in the room?" He gives a thumbs up to Yugo. "Nice!" Eva proceeds to slap the back of his head. 

While Yugo and I turn into strawberries, I splutter, "What?! No! I was just surprised; why are you here to begin with?" Eva smiles. "We came here for a visit. Adamaï told us Yugo would be here so why not stop by?" Eva said. "Also... Amalia, why are you two in here... alone?" She raises her eyebrows and smiles knowingly. 

  "Yugo took me to Emrub, the Eliatrope dimension, then we ended up here." I plead to the jury not guilty! Yugo grins. "Yes, I figured I'd pay them a visit. They haven't left much lately, and it's been a while since I last visited. I figured, why not take Amalia with me?' He frowns a moment, thinking. "Most of their homes should be all but finished by now. I wonder what the council is deciding about the food shortage issue..." He shakes his head. "Ah, but I'm getting a bit off topic. Basically, until things are just right, they'll remain there for the most part. After all, they can't age, get hungry, or get sick, as time doesn't exist there." I'm startled by how mature he sounds- and also attracted. 

Feeling a little brave, I decide to step up to his side and pull him into a kiss, stopping him from finishing his thought. When we look back, everyone's jaws are wide in shock. Well, all except for Elely and Flopin, who began to make exaggerated gagging noises. Rubliax laughs heartily. "So, you lovebirds are finally together, eh?" 

Yugo grins wider than I've ever seen, and looks to me, eyes shining like gems. "Yep!"