Meetings

Luke's POV

I sigh looking at my three page literature test. I know Mr. Richard said this would be hard, but damn. Good thing I have a great memory. Since a young age I have been blessed with a near perfect memory. It's allowed me to manage my good grades between practices and games. I flip to the last page. I glance around getting the satisfaction of being ahead of everyone. With everyone's heads down I notice an empty seat. I wonder if that's the infamous Jace Dupain's seat? Guess he's a no-show. I start up on my test again.

After a few minutes the door clicks open. I look up to see a guy standing in the doorway looking like a deer in headlights. It takes a moment, but I recognize him as the freshman from a few days ago. Wonder if he's dropping off papers for a teacher or something? This is a class for juniors and seniors. I glance at Mr. Richard to see he actually smiling at the boy. Woah...that's a rare sight. Maybe Mr. Richard knows him? Or it's his grandson? The boy gingerly walks up to Mr. Richard's desk. He hands him an office slip, but Mr. Richard just discards it without a glance. Must be something important if Mr. Hard-ass ignored the slip, just who is this freshman?

"Mr. Dupain, so glad you could join us." Mr. Richard says pleasantly. That is Jace Dupain? The infamous emo that everyone is afraid of? He's hardly that scary. Mikey did say he skipped a few grades so that must be why he's so small. Jace Dupain is nothing like I'd imagined. He probably on five foot four with a petite figure. He has straight, chin length hair that's black except for the tips that are like a tealish blue. He keeps his head down so I can't get a good look at his face, but I do notice a nose piercing. Honestly, he's kind of... cute. I frown at that realization.

Jace sits down and starts his test. I realize I should probably return to mine. I finally tear my eyes from Jace and work on my tests. I get to the last question ten minutes and take a smug satisfaction in the fact that I'll be the first done. I'm just finishing up when I hear someone get up. I look up in shock to see that it's none other than Jace Dupain. How...?

On my way up to turn in my test I pass by Jace who is on his way back. I accidentally brush up against his arm and he recoils as if I hit him. I continue on to the desk, confused. When I turn around my eyes are drawn to Jace. I watch in confusion as he wraps his arms around himself as if he were afraid. Then, he takes a deep breath before resting his head on his desk. I sit at mine and find my thoughts and eyes drawn to Jace.

...

"Guess what!" I say as I sit next to Mikey.

"What?" He asks eagerly as he gives me a fistbump in greeting.

"I finally met Jace." I say excitedly.

"Really? Where?" Mikey asks in shock.

"In the middle of Lit. He actually showed up to class. Well, actually I met him a couple of days before that." I say. It's kind of funny how shocked he looks.

"How?" He asks. I explain to him the whole bumping into thing. "Damn, I'm surprised you aren't dead." He says dramatically.

"Come on! How could that pipsqueak kill me?" I ask. He opens his mouth, probably to tell some outrageous story when the teacher starts his lecture.

___

A/N:

As of 08/11/2018 this chapter has been edited. Also don't get me wrong when I say edited it means I re-wrote it to be more up-to-date with my present writing standards which are more realistic and less cringe. Grammar and stuff might have improved, but not 100%