Blood

Luke's POV *trigger warning: attempted suicide (dealing with the attempted suicide from before) and mentioned abuse

(Also, I've never called 911, I've never dealt with a slit throat so, some of this isn't going to be 100% accurate. Sorry)

I've almost reached the park when I see Jace fall. I scream in shock. I run as fast as I can, struggling to get my phone out of my pocket. I kneel next to Jace as I dial 911 (A/N: Since i know it's coming on behalf of all the damn comments: Finally!}

"911, what's your emergency?" The lady asks.

"U-Um," My voice cracks. "M-My friend he- he committed s-suicide- Oh God!" I cry. "There's so much blood." I whisper.

"I need you to stay calm for me. Can you tell me your location?" She asks.

"I-I'm not really sure. It's the park on **** street. I-I don't know the name of the park. P-Please hurry." I beg. I've yanked my coat off and I'm trying to stop the bleeding.

"Okay, I've sent a unit to your location. Until then, stay on the line with me. Can you tell me your name?" The operator asks.

"O-Okay. Luke. My name's Luke. Please hurry! The bleeding won't stop!" I say, panicking.

"I need you to remain calm, Luke. Can you explain what your friend did to himself?

"He- He-" I curse under my breath. "He slit his throat w-with a razor." The words burn as they come out of my mouth. "I-I can't stop the bleeding." I repeat frantically.

"Do you have something to apply to the wound, a cloth or something, to stop the bleeding?" She asks.

"I have my jacket on it, but it's still bleeding."

"Keep applying pressure, it may not be stopping, but it'll slow it down. Can you check your friend's breathing for me." She asks. I can't tell if his chest is moving so, I lean down to listen.

"It's faint, but I can hear him breathing." I tell her.

"Great, now check his pulse and tell me how fast it's beating. Do you know how to do that?"

"Yes." I look at his arm and my heart stops. I see the words he carved into his skin. The last text he sent me. My tears are back, but I force them away. I can cry when he's fine. I hold my breath as I feel for the pulse on his wrist. I want to leap for joy over that little beat. "It's really light, but it's there!" I say.

"Great, help is almost there." She says. I look around at the trees surrounding us and the distance from here to the road that's barely seeable. I look at Jace. His face is pale and for once he looks peaceful. I don't like the reason for it. I make a rash decision. Carefully pick Jace up. I use one arm to support his legs and the other his shoulders. Thankfully he's small enough that I can maneuver my arm to keep my jacket pressed to his wound. I set him in my lap once we're at the car parking spaces by the road. I put the phone back to my ear.

"Luke? Are you there?" I hear her ask.

"Yes! Sorry! I moved us closer to the road." I tell her.

"Are you keeping pressure on the wound?"

"Yes."

"Okay, check his pulse again for me." She orders.

"It's gotten fainter. Oh! I see the ambulance!" I can just make out the flashing lights. I wave once they get closer.

"Okay, I'm going to leave it to them. Luke. Your friend is in good hands."

"Thank you." I say before we hang up.