Comfort

Luke's POV

"Hello, how may I help you?" The hospital receptionist asks. I give a charming smile.

"Actually, I was just here, but I left my phone in my friends room. I know it's late, but I'll be really quick!" I ask her. There's a little blush on her cheek.

"Yeah! Of course, um, I just need you to sign in." She says quickly.

"Thank you!" I say, quickly doing what I'm told and make my way to Jace's room.

Hopefully it's not too dark. I open the door to see that the machines in the room add enough light into the room to act as a nightlight. I breath a quiet sigh of relief. I see Jace toss in the bed.

"Jace?" I whisper. No reply. Must be asleep. I go up to the chair I was sitting in earlier. I smile when I see my phone laying right there. I grab it happily. Then, I hear Jace mumble something behind me. I turn to see Jace still tossing in bed. His face is scrunched up as if afraid and he keeps throwing his arms about like he's trying to stop something. Uh-oh.

"P-Please..." He croaks out weakly. I see that he's crying. I notice his arm is bleeding. The bandage is undone and it looks like he's scratched at it. It also looks like he's tried to scratch at his neck too, but- thankfully- the bandage stopped him from getting at the wound. I rest my hand on his bed, leaning over him. I shake his shoulder, his body jolts at the touch.

"Jace." I whisper. Nothing. "Jace!" I say louder. He settles a little and his brows furrow as if he heard me. "Wake up!" I say. His eyes burst open and I quickly step back as he sits up to avoid colliding heads with Jace. He looks around frantically. "Hey," I say softly. He looks at me startled. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"L-Luke?" He whispers, eyes darting around the room once more.

"Hey, yeah, it's me." I say with a soft touch to his shoulder. "I came back for my phone. Were you having a nightmare?" I ask. He looks down. I move my hand to gently wipe the tears from his cheeks. He closes his eyes, leaning gently into my touch. "Would you like me to stay until you fall asleep? To make sure you don't have anymore nightmares?" I asks. He opens his eyes, but looks down. It takes a moment before he nods. I smile. I stand and he looks at me questioningly.

"Okay, but that," I point to his bleeding arm. "Needs rebandaged." I slip out of the room real quick and sneak around until I get a bandage wrap. I get back to Jace and see him looking at his arm, picking at it. "Stop that." I scold causing him to jump.

"Sorry." He whisper. I smile softly as I approach him.

"Apology accepted. Now, hold out your arm." I order. He does as told. I get some of the paper towel from the bathroom, wetting some of it. I dab at some of the blood with the towel and then gently wipe at the rest. Once I finish that I wrap it up nice and secure. "Okay, now get some sleep." I say going to sit in the chair. I stop when there is a tug on my shirt. I look at Jace in confusion. He looks down, but I see a blush on his cheek. I watch as he scoots over to make room for me on the bed. I grin. "I didn't know you were so adventurous." I tease. He looks up with wide eyes, his blush deepening. He shakes his head in protest. I laugh. "I'm just teasing, Jace." I say. I carefully sit next to him and get comfortable. I notice Jace sitting stiff on the edge despite there being plenty of room. I decide to wrap an arm around him and gently pull him close. "Relax. You're safe with me." I tell him gently. It takes him a moment, but he does relax. He leans against me with a soft sigh. I see him hold out his arm, observing the wrapping. "What is it?"

"Y-You're really good at this." He whispers. I smile.

"Yeah. I'm in a lot of sports so I get hurt often so, do the other guys. I like helping bandage them up." I bite my lip. "Actually..." I start slowly. I feel Jace adjust to look at me. "I really like helping people like that."

"Yeah?" Jace says softly. I nod.

"Yeah. I'd like to be a nurse or even a doctor one day, but I don't know. Since I'm an athlete a lot of people expect me to go into that kind of field." I tell him.

"I think you'd be good in either." He says, getting comfortable again.

"Thank you." I say, a soft smile growing on my face. "You can't tell anyone though. I haven't told my parents yet. Not even Mikey knows. Just you." I tell him. He mimics zipping his lip. It's silent for a moment, but I think of something. "What was your nightmare about?"

"...M-My uncle a-and my parents." He whispers after a moment of hesitation.

"What happened with your parents?" I ask, but I know I won't get an answer by the way he stiffens up. I rub his shoulder in reassurance. "You don't have to tell me right now. Maybe one day when your ready?" I suggest. I feel him melt into my touch and nods. "Okay, now get some sleep. I'll keep you safe." He blushes, but settles quickly enough. He's fast asleep shortly after he closes his eyes.

I pull out my phone to let my parents know I won't be home again. I guess I won't shower until tomorrow. I look at Jace's peaceful face. I feel his warmth pressed against my side tucked securely under my arm. I find I don't mind one bit. I blush when my mom text back saying okay, but no "hanky-panky" in the hospital. I shake my head with an exasperated sigh. Moms! I put my phone away and relax against Jace. I fall asleep pretty quickly.

Receptionist's POV (Surprise! I couldn't remove this even if it's kind of stupid XD}

It's been an hour since that guy came in to get his phone. He said he'd be quick so what's taking so long? I check to see the sign in. I make my way to check on Luke and his friend. I knock quietly, but I hear nothing. I carefully open the door and step in. Aw! I squeal mentally. Luke and his friend are curled up on the bed together. Both sleeping peacefully together. I decide to leave them be. Aw, that means he's gay and taken. I sigh sadly. Why are the cute ones: gay, taken, fictional, or complete douchbags. Oh! He's under age too, now that I think about it. I go back to my desk. I change his sign in time to overnight and return to my job bitter and single. (Me af)

A/N:

Updated 11/17/2019. I'm a bitter single person and I need someone to change that (╥_╥) But I have stuff for my christmas elf oc ordered and I can't wait to cosplay her so that makes me happy. Well, hopefully this one reads better. On to the next. Thanks!!