Epilogue

Luke's POV

~Four Years Later~

I place the packed box in the living room next to all the others. When I turn I see a box that a bit too big for it's carrier coming in.

"Let me help." I say and take the box from my stormy eyed lover.

"I had it!" He whines stubbornly. He wipes at a bit of sweat on his brow. We're both sweating in this 92°F weather, wishing we'd choose a cooler time to move. Jace's got a T-shirt on and light jeans. His hair is in a small ponytail with his bangs falling in his face. Physically, he hasn't changed much, but mentally he's so much more sure of himself. He's more open with people and me. We're both working our way through college. With his brain he easily got scholarships to fund his time and my athleticism is getting me plenty of scholarships as well. Jace pushed me towards following my real dream of going into the medical profession and my family wasn't disapproving of it at all. Jace is actually going to school to be a teacher. He's come a long way to be able to do something like that. I watch as he tightens his little pony tail. Ah, I love him so much. I set down the box and pull him into a kiss.

"Can't wait to try out our new bed." I whisper into his ear. His face turns beat red. I laugh and give him a kiss on the cheek as he shoos me away. Janet and Max come in carrying the last two boxes.

"That's it! Now, we've got to run to a meeting. Will you two be okay with unpacking by yourselves." Max asks.

"Yep!" I say.

"Mary went through and labeled all the boxes for us so that should make it easier." Jace tells them.

"I wish we were as organized as her." Janet says. "We'll leave you to it then." She says and they give us hugs before leaving. Jace plays some music. Over the years our taste in music has seemingly merged together and we've expanded each others taste. We'd been lucky enough to get into the same college that we also felt was good enough to help us further our careers. Now that we don't have to live on campus and we've enough money we decided to rent a place together. It's near school and its cheap while having everything we need. Despite Ma wanting to buy our furniture we decided we wanted to do it on our own to make it feel even more like ours. We get the living room and our bedroom done when the sun starts to set.

"Let's stop here and eat?" I suggest.

"Sounds great." Jace says. "Do you want to cook or should we order something?" He asks.

"Considering all the kitchen stuff is still in boxes I think we should order." I say and he nods. "How about pizza?" I ask.

"Pizza sounds wonderful. We can watch a movie too." He says and I nod.

"You order and I'll get us a movie." I say and we break off to do so. I see him slip one of my jackets on as he gets his phone. Now it's just the normal stealing your significant other's clothes sort of thing and not to hide his arms with. The scars are faded and they don't bother him anymore. Since his uncle was put away Jace has only relapsed a few times. One time was when the people at school realized he wasn't actually a threat and found out he was gay. A few guys started bullying him relentlessly. Mikey and I quickly put a stop to that. I sigh and shake the memory from my head. I browse through our movies before picking a new scary movie.

Once the pizza is here we curl up on our small couch with a blanket and start the movie. Jace snuggles up to me and buries his face in my shoulder at the jump scares. I'd find it cuter if I wasn't busy being scared. We're both scared and tired when the movie finishes.

"I'm so glad I'm not sleeping alone." I tell him. He nods in agreement. I put the remaining pizza away while Jace locks up and turns the lights off. Once in the dark we quickly make our way to our bedroom. I pause for a moment to admire Jace's naked body as he changes into night clothes before doing the same. We crawl into bed together facing each other. I give him a soft kiss.

"Good night, Jace." I say wrapping an arm around his waist.

"Good night, Luke." He says snuggling close to me.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

~To Be Continued~

A/N:

Updated 11/2/2019! This was such a short chapter and when writing it I was trying to close it up so they were happy because I wasn't going to write a sequel, but then I couldn't not write one and so this chapter seems weird. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone whose read this especially the ones who read it pre-edit. That shit was cringy XD I hope you enjoyed and take the time to read the sequel or my other stories. Thank you!