PROLOGUE | 0. the awakening

L I G H T  A N D  D A R K
0. the awakening

"power burns in her veins like blood pumps through ours

"power burns in her veins like blood pumps through ours."
- sam winchester
____________________

THERE WAS A LOUD, ear piecing scream that filled everyone's ears, humans, demons, angels and anything else. It went as quick as it came though, leaving people to wonder whether or not they had actually heard it or had imagined it. But they had heard it.

Out in the middle of nowhere, thick blue smoke surrounded the body of a blonde girl laying in the dry grass of a large forest, not that anyone could tell. The smoke would hinder anyone from seeing past the first tree or stream in sight.

The girl had seemingly appeared out of nowhere, but anyone who knew anything about her or her situation would know that she did not appear out of the blue.

She was peacefully unconscious, with her long hair sprawled across the earth floor. Her clothing consisted of a blue button up tank, skinny jeans, a leather jacket and a pair of black heeled boots, making her look as if she belonged in the human world, when really it was the exact opposite.

The girl should not have been lying there. She should not have even be on the earth, where humans walk, but she was. She was laying on the grass as the wind blew, but did not clear out the thick smoke.

Only special circumstances were needed to release her into the world, and none of those were present. The world had not ended. There had been no global disaster. Everything was fine.

Then lightening struck in the smoke, and then again, closer to the girl, until one large bolt of lightening struck her. Sparks flew as the girl lied there, still unconscious. The ground around her was burned, leaving the grass beneath her to sizzle.

Her veins began to glow between black and blue as the glow started at her hand and up her arm until it made it's way to her heart.

"Serenity." She jolted forward gasping for as the voice filled her head. Just as the glow of her veins, her eyes began to glow a bright blue before fading into a deeper, yet natural blue. A voice whispered her name over and over again, until it finally stopped. Then only one thought was left in her head.

"Jack."