ELEVEN

______

______

{CHAPTER ELEVEN: MEMORIES FADE WITH THE HELP OF AN ANGEL}
_____

"AND WHO EXACTLY ARE YOU?" Serenity asked. The red haired stranger chuckled, glancing up from the pavement and to the girl, who watched him cautiously.

"Oh come on love. I know it's been a while but I haven't changed that much." She tiltied her head to the side. Was she suppose to know this guy? The red head stepped forward, narrowing his eyes. "You honestly have no idea who I am, do you?"

"I want to be surprised, I really do, but apparently everyone knows me. Yet I don't know who any of you people are." First Jack, then Zuriel and now this dude. Serenity would be lying if she had said she wasn't annoyed. 

The stranger rolled his eyes. "Of course you don't remember. I should have known when you didn't see very surprised to see me." He ran a hand through his hair. "Why does Zuriel always have to be so predictable?"

Serenity's head snapped back over to him at the mention of her so called brother. "You know Zuriel?"

"Unfortunately." The red head muttered bitterly. He shook his head, looking back to her. "Well I guess an introduction is in order. I'm Josiah, Josiah Cain."

Serenity smirked to herself. "I'd tell you my name but you already know it."

Josiah smirked. "You would be correct, Serenity."

She nodded as she examined the red head. He was definitely taller than her, just below Jack's height. He stood carelessly. And for some reason, Serenity could have sworn she had seen him before. And he was certainly attractive. "How do I know you?" She questioned. "Please tell me you're not another long lost brother?"

Josiah shook his head, smiling at the girl. She hadn't changed either. "God, no. Now that," Josiah laughed, "that would be tragic."

"Why's that?"

"You are gorgeous and you knew that." He quipped, narrowing his eyes. "Just what do you remember?"

"Not seeing where that would be any business of yours." She backed up, sending him a smirk as she turned to walk away. "And as much as I would love to continue this intriguing and slightly confusing conversation, I have someone to get back too." She began to walk away.

Josiah smirked as he watched the girl retreat. "See you soon!" He called.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night!"

I know this is extremely short, but I'm hoping maybe if I publish this, my writers block may stop. I really like this story and I really want to get it going again.

-Kris