TEN | 10

_____

_____

{CHAPTER TEN: POTENTIAL}
_____

SERENITY PACED back and forth as she continuously glanced over at Jack, who was laying back in a chair. "This is a horrible idea." Serenity spoke bitterly, casting another glance towards Jack.

She didn't want to be out in public, not when demons and angels were after them. But as for her getting a tattoo, she wasn't. She finally convinced Dean that she could ward herswlf against Demons and Angels.

Dean rolled his eyes, while Sam looked to her. "Just relax. We won't be here long." Sam told her, only causing her to roll her eyes.

"Alot can happened in a short amount of time, Sam." She depanned.

"All right, so, uh I'm thinking something like this, right about here. Uh, you know what?" Dean told the tattoo artist, who looked slightly baffled. Dean paused for a momemt before patting the paper he laided on Jack's chest. "Exactly like that."

On the paper, was a drawn picture of an angel hiding sigil, courtesy of Serenity and a simple antipossesion sigil.

"And you're cool with this?" The artist questioned Jack. Serenity let out a small breath as she stepped closer to Jack.

"Yeah." Jack hesitantly spoke.

"Turn the damn thing on and start buzzin'." Dean ordered. Serenity rolled her eyes when she saw the man's hesitantness.

"They're brothers." She told the man, smiling smally, hoping to ease the man into doing it so that they could get out of the open. "It's a family crest of sorts."

"So you heard Donatello." Serenity heard Sam tell Dean, who glared at his brother. "No evil vibes from Jack."

"Proves nothing, except you're way too attached to this kid." Dean retorted. "And what about Ms. Mysterious over there? How do we know she won't turn out to be another Lucifer?"

"I think your just paranoid." Serenity told Dean, with a smirk. He glared daggers her way, causing her smirk to widened.

"You need to see this for what it is, okay? I mean, what do you need, a sign?" Dean questioned, trying his best to ignore the girl, who started to pace near the door.

"Dean, whatever his powers are or will be, if we train him properly, they could be used for good." Serenity caught a glimpse of Jack's pained expression once the man started and knew what had happened when suddenly the machine surged with electricity.

Serenity grabbed the tattoo artist just in time before the machine let out a blast of energy. Serenity rolled her eyes when she saw the shocked, scared looks on Dean, Sam and The artist. She let go of the collar of his shirt and brushed his shoulders off.

"Might wanna get that machine of yours looked at." Serenity smiled innocently, before heading over to Jack.

"Well, there's your sign." Dean spoke, moving over to Jack while Sam took Serenity's place. "Did you do that?" Dean demanded. Jack shrugged.

"I'm not sure." The Neplihm told the two. "It hurt." The innocent look on his face made Serenity's heart melt.

Dean narrowed his eyes in wonder if this kid was being serious or not. "Okay, see, sometimes, things hurt, so you just man up and deal with it."

Jack slowly nodded. "Yes. I understand. Pain is a part of the complete human experience. Accepting it is a sign of maturity." Serenity laughed at Dean's bewildered expression while Sam and Dean exchanged concerned looks.

"All right. I think your, uh, machine might've fritzed out there." Dean told the dude, who sent Serenity a small nod, which she returned. Then he began his work again. The only difference this time was that Jack reached to hold Serenity's hand and she let him.

During that, she took away his pain so that it didn't hurt.

_____

The man finally stood straight again once he finshed his artwork, as he wiped off his instrument. "Alright, all done."

Jack sat up as well, meeting Serenity's eyes and offered her a smile. He knew she was using her powers. And he appreciated it, especially since she didn't have too.

Sam looked to the Neplihm. "It looks good, Jack."

Serenity took another step towards Jack when she saw the strange look that overtook his face. He looked to her. "Something's wrong."

And then he looked down to his chest just as his tattoos vanished. Dean and Sam watched this too and didn't look happy about it, especially Dean."What the h-"

"One of the perks of being an angel," Serenity spoke, turning to the brothers. "We heal."

_____

The girl was distracted by everything. When she was tired, her senses kicked into overdrive. It was a protective still she learned from Lucifer, a way to never let your guard down. So when she started sensing a darker presence and eyes on her and the boys, she knew something was wrong.

Her head immedantly snapped as her eyes scanned the area. Briefly, she caught sight of a figure peaking in and then leaving casually. Serenity eyes widened when what she had saw finally hit her.

Black eyes.

That demon could expose Jack and lead more demons or even angels their way.

"Serenity?" Sam's voice snapped her out of her trance. She hurridly looked over at him. "Are you alright?"

"I, uh," She looked back at the door to see the person was gone. "I'm fine. I'll meet you back at the motel."

Before Sam could argue or Jack could Chase after her, she was sprinting out of the door.

She looked around until she caught sight of the same figure turned down alleyway. She narrowed her eyes and focused on that spot and suddenly she was there.

Just as she turned to look down the alleyway, she heard someone get thrown into a wall.

She came around the corner to see a tall, lanky, red hair exorcise the demon and then kill it, with his mind. Serenity stared at the scene wide eyed."What in the bloody hell-"

"Nasty little bastards they are." He mused as watched the body fall and then he looked towards the blonde. "I was too late unfortunatly. The demon already got the word out."