ONE | i. the nephilm encounter

L I G H T  A N D  D A R K
i. the nephilm encounter

"i never expected you, but i'm glad i met you

"i never expected you, but i'm glad i met you."
-serenity
______________

"SERENITY."

"Serenity."

She spun around in circles, looking into the smoke around her. The voice called to her, Jack called to her. How she knew who it was, she didn't know. It was only the name she called when she woke up.

"Serenity."

"Stop! Just Stop!" She screamed, clutching her head and squeezing her eyes shut. A wave of energy shot out from her body, burning the trees and freezing the grass in its path.

Serenity slowly opened her eyes again, to see what she had done. The grass was frosted over and the trees smelled like burning word, which is what it was, buring wood.

A lump formed in her as she slowly began to back way, before sprinting off in a random direction. She was terrified. She didn't know what was going on. She didn't know where she was. All she knew was that she was awake.

She came to a clearing to see lights coming straight towards her. She froze, like a deer caught in headlight, before she found herself crashing against the concrete. She heard her back crack from the impact.

Serenity groaned. Pushing herself up, so that she could look forward, she covered her eyes so that the lights didn't shine in her eyes.

"Oh my Lord! Harold what have you done! You've just killed a girl!"

"I didn't kill any girl, Sophia! As you can clearly see she's sitting up!"

The blonde squinted as she stood, cracking her back into place as she did so. Suddenly arms embraced her. "Oh dear! You're freezing! Harold, get me your coat!"

"Just get her into the car, women!" Shouted a man. Serenity quickly shied away from the women. She held her hand up in the unknown persons direction. Not that she knew how to trigger her powers or anything.

"Stay back!" Serenity's heart beat quickened and she could feel the slight burn in her eyes that occurred when they shifted. She blinked furiously.

"Oh you poor dear, you must be confused. Please let me take you to the station. Then we can get a hold of you're parents." The women cooed. The old women looked back to the metal thing with the lights. "Harold cut those damn lights off!"

The lights shut off, giving Serenity a better view of the women and the metal contraption behind her, that held her friend, or was it her soulmate? Serenity didn't know.

That was when the girl saw the aura around the two people. It was green, which meant they were humans?

"I must be on earth." Thought the girl. "Please, what is your name?" The women asked. The girl let her hand fall to her side, bitting her lip anxiously. "Serenity."

"That's a lovely name, dear. Well, I'm Sophia and that's my husband, Harold, in the car." The lady greeted, smiling warmly at the confused girl, who furrowed her eyebrows.

"Car? What is a car?" Serenity asked, which got a look of concern from the lady.

"My dear, you must have hit your head. Let's just get you to the station. They will know what to do with you." The woman began to lead Serenity to the metal contraption. "Now, where are you're parents?"

"My parents. ." Serenity trailed off. She let the lady sit her in the back seat of the metal thing, unknown as a 'car' from what Serenity could gather. "I don't have a dad, but my mum. . ." She looked to the lady who was now sitting in the passenger seat, watching Serenity with expectation. "I don't know where she is."

"Oh you poor girl. Everything will be alright. We will get you to the sheriff and she'll find you're mother." The lady spoke. Serenity nodded, confusion still etched on her face as she looked out the glass window. The man cranked the engine and began to drive.

It all went by so fast. The trees, the grass, all the scenery, everything was like a blur. Serenity had never seen anything like it, other than when Amara would teleport with her in tow. It entertained Serenity until the 'car' had finally come to a stop.

Serenity watched as the couple got our of there seats and closed the doors behind them. She tilted her head curiously as the lady stopped at the door and turned to look back at the blonde, who still sat in the back seat.

Shaking her head, the women called, "Dear, are you coming?" Serenity looked around before her hand found the door handle.

As soon as her feet touched the ground, she sensed power, a lot of power, enough to match the amount of her own and Amara told her that she possibly had more power than God.

Narrowing her eyes at the brick building, she step towards the couple to join them, but winced.

"Serenity."

She ignored the voice and followed the couple into the structure. They conversed as she blindly followed them, eyeing all the pictures on the walls. "They trap people inside tiny boxes? How cruel." As she stepped into the next room, when everything froze, literally. The only thing that moved, caught her attention.

There stood a guy, with dirty blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. As soon as she entered the room, he immedantly turned to her. The couple in front of Serenity froze, the women and boy with the guy froze. Only the guy and herself could move. It was like time froze.

Jack had been confused all day. His father was supposed to be there, but he wasn't. He had been talking with this nice lady, when he felt something within him shift. And when he saw the girl enter, he knew exactly who she was. He also couldn't help but notice the power she radiated. That and the fact that she was really pretty.

His eyes followed her as she slowly walked around the couple, glancing at them in the process. He was the power source, which meant he could hurt her.

"Serenity?" She slowly looked back to him and cautiously continued to walk forward, until she stood right in front of him. "Your Serenity." This time it wasn't a question. He knew it was her, which meant this was "Jack?" His name fell past her lips without her thinking. His eyes light up at the mention of his name.

"Yes, it's me." He smiled. She titled her head to the side, examining his features and his aura, which for an unknown reason, seemed to be the same color as hers, Silver. "I won't hurt you." He added, probably noticing her hesitantness. He understood. She was as confused as him, maybe even more.

Which was strange to him. Wasn't she supposed to help him? Maybe his father was wrong.