NINE | 09

_____

_____

{CHAPTER NINE: PROPHET OF GOD, DONATELLO}
_____

WHILE DEAN AND SAM finished eating, Serenity was close to falling asleep on the couch with her head slowly resting itself on Jack's shoulder. Sam noticed the girl's tiredness.

"Alright, I say we, uh, we get some rest," Sam spoke awkwardly as he crumbled up his trash. "It's been a long day."

At the sound of Sam's voice, Serenity only lets out a small groan in response before cuddling back into Jack's side. Dean rolled his eyes at the girl, who let out a sigh of content when she finally quit moving around. Jack looked down at her, not really sure what to do about the lack of space between them.

Then again, the lack of space didn't really bother him, in fact, he liked it. Knowing she was close was a comforting thought because he knew she was safe.

Yet Dean couldn't understand. How could she be so close to that Antichrist, unless she was just as bad as him? "We're startin' early tomorrow."

Sam went to get up but paused when he heard the floorboard creak outside of their room. A shadow appeared between the crack at the bottom of the door.

The younger brother signaled to Dean, who immediately ushered Jack up, which effectively woke Serenity back up. She glared at the brother but quickly stopped when she noticed Sam take out a gun.

Then she too noticed the shadow and took a protective step in front of Jack. The Nephilim didn't really like how Serenity would always place herself between danger and him. He liked it better when she was beside him, where he could keep her out of harm's way.

But instead of saying anything, he just gripped her hand, reading to pull her to him should things go horribly wrong.

Sam mouthed a count down towards Dean. When he reached one, Dean yanked the door open, grabbed whoever it was by the shirt and flipped the said person onto the force table. Sam kept his gun trained on the man as he stepped beside his brother to get a look at the guy.

Dean titled his head. "Donatello?"

The man let out a wheezy breath. "Sam? Dean?" Serenity tilted her head. "Is God with you?"

_____

Dean helped Donatello yo the couch while Sam, Jack and Serenity watched. "You okay?" The taller brother questioned.

The older man nodded. "Ah, pretty much." He waved bis hat at his face, creating some cool air for himself. Serenity rolled her eyes. "No soul of course, thanks to Amara." Serenity's eyes widened as her whole body stiffened.