SEVEN | 07

_____

_____

{CHAPTER SEVEN: ANGEL WINGS}
_____

JACK RELUCTANTLY TORE his gaze away from the sleeping beauty and picked up the remote to the Tv that was in front of the girl's bed. He turned it on to see a brown dog and two other people racing down a snowy slope on a wooden log.

He smiled slightly. "It's wonderful."

Dean, who was nearby rolled his eyes and snatched the remote out of Jack's hand. "No."

"But-" Jack started to say something, but stopped when he saw Dean smile at the cartoon. Dean remembered watching The show with Sammy on Saturday mornings in the hotel while his dad was gone.  The look soon faded though and was replaced with a straight face.

"No." Dean spoke. "And your on the floor, sport. Once the princess here wakes up, she can take the couch." Jack nodded blankly and stood up from the bed. He was really starting to get annoyed by Dean and his commands but he wanted the brother to like him, to not think he was evil. "So why don't you go over there, sit down and here," he tossed an edition of the bible towards the Neplihm. "Read a book. We're out of here as soon as Serenity wakes up."

Jack curiously opened the bible to Songs of Solomen. He had began to flip through the pages when Sam called him. He looked over at the moose of a man, as Serenity often referred to him too.

"Hey, Jack, I can take the floor, why don't yo-" Jack smiled.

"No, no. It's fine." Sam smiled sadly at the kid.

_____

When Serenity finally regained consciousness, she heard Dean talking probably to Jack and Sam. "He's Satan." She heard him practically spit out. She rolled her eyes.

"And that's bad." Jack stated. It kinda sounded more like a question than a statement to the girl. She sat up on the bed. If the brothers were explaining tgings, shr lrobably needed to here it yoo. After all she had been MIA for the past millennium.

The bed she was on was hidden by a movable wall of sorts, so the others didn't see she get up. But Jack quickly sensed her active mind.

"Damn straight."

"He wasn't all that bad, you know." Serenity spoke as she entered the area they were in surprising them and bringing a smile to Jack's face. "Serenity!"

She smiled at him. Dean and Sam exchanged looks. She knew Lucifer? "Lucifer wasn't always the backstabbing ass he is now. He use to be kinder, even with his ever so charming personality." Serenity sarcastically said, with a roll of her eyes. She had her arms crossed over her chest as she leant against a near wall. She looked to her friend. "But his need for attention got the better of him, Jack."