TWO | ii. angels get hungry too

L I G H T A N D D A R K
ii. angels get hungry too

"new experiences can suck

"new experiences can suck."
-dean winchester

_____

"ARE YOU DOING THIS?" The blonde asked, gesturing to the people around them, frozen and unmoving. Jack looked around, as if he had just realized they weren't moving and shook his head.

"I don't know." He spoke slowly, then everyone started moving again, causing their eyes to go wide.

"Oh honey, there you are! How'd you get there?" Sophia questioned. "Come over here, now. We need to talk with the sheriff."

Jack grasped her hand, quickly, mostly likely a reflex of some sort, Serenity noted. "She's my friend." Serenity glanced up at the boy, who just continued to look at the women, who smiled and nodded.

"Well good. You've found you're friend. I'm sure this young lad will be able to help her, Sophia. Let's leave them." Harold, the husband spoke. Sophia nodded and waved at the two, before allowing Harold to drag her out of the station.

Serenity watched the two go, with a sigh. "People are stressful."

"You know him?" Jack dropped Serenity's hand as she turned to see another boy, with curly brown hair. She narrowed her eyes. "I don't see where that would be any business of yours." She retorted with her beautiful accent, raising a brow.

Jack's lips twitched upwards. He wasn't even sure why he found that so appealing.

"Alrights kids, settle down." She passed Jack a plastic bottle with liquid in it. Serenity stared at the new women blankly. Jack looked between Serenity and the curly haired boy. Jack had learned his name was Clark. Then he looked down to the bottle, seemingly mesmerized. "Take a seat you two. Sit."

The Nephilm pulled a chair over for him and rolled one over to Serenity, who only grew a confused look. Jack sat in the chair, sending the girl a pointed look. She copied his actions.

Jack thought she was supposed to help him, but he felt himself strangely wanting to help her.

Her curiosity grew as she watched Jack mess with the bottle in his hands. "Okay, let's start with the basics." The lady began, grabbing hold of a pad of paper. "What is your name?"

Jack continued to look at the water bottle while Serenity debated speaking up, before deciding against it. "What's your name?" The lady asked again.

Jack slowly put the bottle down and looked back up to the lady. "Jack." He spared the blonde a glance before adding, "And this is Serenity."