FIVE | 05

_____

_____

{CHAPTER FIVE: GOODBYES AND HELLOS}
_____

THE WINCHESTER BROTHERS, Jack and Serenity arrived at a run down house in the middle of now where. Dean stopped the Impala and immedantly got out, Sam following suit while the two powerful beings stayed behind in the car.

"This is where they died." Serenity barely heard Jack whisper. The girl glanced at him curiously, before her vision was tainted with an old memory.

That same brunette, Jack's mother, was withering in pain before she let out of finally scream. A wave of gold energy shot out from the women, then she fell back onto the bed, dead.

Another women, who was in the room, picked up a baby that was now on the bed and glanced at the brunette's body sadly.

Then her vision was cleared. Serenity blinked, as an irrational guilt filled her. She wished she could take Jack's pain away, but she couldn't. She could only help numb it by being there for him, if she only really understood what that meant.

Unlike Jack, who was left Castiel, a mentor, Serenity had no one. Dean would hardly look at her. Sam seemed honestly frightened by her and Jack knew about as much as she did.

"We need to go in, Jack." Serenity spoke softly, taking hold of his hand, effectively braking him out of whatever daze he was put in.

His gaze directed towards her. The Nephilm studied the girl's features, her beautiful blonde hair, her bright blue eyes that held an enormous amount of concern. And his sadness disappeared.

He just wanted to get rid of that concerned, guilted look in her eyes. All he wanted was to see her happy, which he found was strange.

He knew about romance and love, from what his mother knew, but why did he hold such strong emotions for this particular girl? They only just met. Was that how it was supposed to happen?

He smiled at Serenity, who returned the favor. The two then got out of the car and headed into the house.

As soon as Serenity stepped foot into the house, she saw the first body. A man, covered by a sheet. Her heart beat froze. She froze.

She didn't even know him, but something was just so familiar about him. And she was consumed in sadness.

Tears pricked the edges of her eyes as she stared at the covered body. She didn't even know what he looked like. She didn't know who it was.