EIGHT | 08 | PLOT BREAK

_____

_____

{CHAPTER EIGHT: WINCHESTERS NEVER BREAK TRADITION}
_____

SERENITY SAT ON the couch in the motel room, reading a book Sam had given her earlier that morning, with Jack, who sat there and just watched her read Percy Jackson.

The Nephilm found that he loved observing Serenity as she read. She just seemed so calm. It was like she didn't have a worry in the world. At often times, she would laugh or smile at something that was written in the book, which only made Jack want to watch her more.

He thought the feeling was strange, but showed no want to stop it. He liked the feeling, no matter how confusing it became at times. The wierd hurricane that erupted in his stomach when she smirked playfully or just smiled innocently seemed to appeared at random, whenever she was around, or the burning rage he felt when Serenity came in contact with one of the brothers.

He honestly thought he was contracting some sort of illness.

Of course Serenity noticed Jack's gaze, but it didn't really bother her. In fact, knowing he was watching over her made her feel safe, something that seemed to be rare for her, unless Jack was around.

"Alright kids!' Serenity sighed and looked up from her book to Dean, who walked into the room. "Tonight's gonna be a bit different."

"What are you talking about?" Serenity asked, snapping the book shut and putting it to the side.

Dean stopped in his tracks. A dumbfounded facial expression quickly made a way onto the older brother's face. "You're kidding me."

"I don't think she told a joke." Jack stated, looking to Dean in confusion. The brother pulled another face at Jack before addressing the girl.

"You really have no idea what today is?" The girl shook her head slowly in confusion. Dean let out a disbelieving chuckle. "It's Valentine's Day!!"

"What?" The two angels wondered aloud together. The sent small smiled towards one another.

"Yeah! So tonight, I'm setting aside everything. Nothing is going to ruin my mood!" Dean exclaimed grinning childishly. "Not Sam, Not Lucifer's Son. Nothing. Nadda." Dean fell back into the chair beside the couch with a content sigh. "I'm going to get drunk with my brother and then I'm taking a well deserved journey to the bar down the street for a one nighter. After all, us Winchesters never break tradition."

Serenity cocked her head to the side, narrowing her eyes. "What in the bloody hell is coming out of your mouth right now?"

Dean rolled his eyes as Sam walked into the room with a bag of groceries in hand. He sighed again and clapped his hands. "Sammy! Great timing." He immedantly got up from his seat and walked over to his brother. He slapped Sam on the shoulder.