THREE | 03

_____

_____

{CHAPTER THREE: HE'S DEAD}
_____

SERENITY PASSED JACK a bar labeled 'Twix' while he passed her one labeled 'Dark Chocolate Milky Way'. The two had been munching on the candy Jack had been getting from the bending machine.

The girl carefully unwrapped the bar and took a bite out of it, before smiling. "This one's fantastic!"

The lights flickered again when she spoke. It had been doing that a lot lately, whenever Jack placed his hand on the side of the candy machine, or whenever Serenity really liked the candy bar the two boys insisted she try. So far the Twix and Dark Chocolate Milky Way bars where her favorite.

But her all time favorite thing so far, was Goldfish.

The door behind them suddenly opened causing the three to glance back at the returned women.

Clark smiled briefly. "Oh, hi mom."

Serenity leaned back and watched as the lady face contorted into confusion. "Uh, A-Are you okay?"

"Yeah, Jack and Serenity were just hungry." He casted a strange looked towards the two before looking back at his mom. "I don't think they've ever had candy before."

Jack turned to grin at the women. "I like it. I like nougat!"

"Oh and Goldfish!" Serenity chimed in, grinning brightly. Clark laughed. "He really does." He pointed to the girl. "And she's obsessed."

"D-did you see," The women paused to looked up at the ceiling. "There's something wrong with the lights."

"Yeah, it's- it's crazy." Clark hummed. "Jack show her the thing." Serenity went to stop him, not really understanding why. She just didn't think it was a good idea, showing the human something that wasn't human, but her Nephilm friend had already gotten up.

Jack glanced back, his eyes lingering on Serenity as if sensing her concerned mind. He then placed his hand on the machine.

Lights flickered as candy bars and bags of chips fell out of the box. Clark laughed while the lady looked astonished but also fearful, a look Serenity knew to well.

"Yeah, Dude's magic."

Serenity got to her feet as well, abandoning the snickers bar and went over to Jack. Her anxiety was skyrocketing. By the look on the Sheriff's face, she knew that Jack shouldn't have done that.