SIX | 06

_____

_____

{CHAPTER SIX: BROTHER ZURIEL}
_____

SERENITY SAT IN the back of the Impala by a sleeping Jack. His body was leant up against the car door sleeping soundly as Dean drived

The blonde was trying her best to stay awake. After her encounter with the angel, Zuriel, she didn't want to sleep. She was scared for herself and for Jack, and even for the brothers.

But she was so tired. She was an angel, a different type, but an angel nonetheless, but she still needed sleep.

"You believe him?" Dean spoke up, glancing at the side mirror to see Serenity's sleepy reflection behind him.

She sighed. "Honestly?" Sam and Dean both nodded. "I believe he's not lying."

"So he's telling the truth?" Sam questioned. Serenity glanced put the window. "What he said is likely to be true. I do recognize him and he is an angel, a powerful one."

_____

"Sister?" Dean spoke looking at the suited man. He glanced at the three beside him. "Sister?" He questioned again, looking extremely confused.

"Yes sister." Zuriel depanned, glancing at the older Winchester in annoyance. at the older brother. If there was one thing Dean could do, it was aggravate an angel.

Serenity kept her eyes trained on the man, taking a step back with Jack when Zuriel made a move towards her. "Well I'm sorry to disappoint but no sisters here." Serenity sarcastically grinned, keeping a confident exterior.

It seemed as though Serenity was taking after Dean. Zuriel let out a laugh, causing her to tilt her head.

The male angel held his hand up, pointing towards her. "That is where your wrong, Serenity. You are my sister."

"And you are delusional." Serenity hissed. Jack's gripped tightened on her arm when he heard the edge in her voice. "I've never seen you before in my life."

"Which just happens to be an extremely long life, hasn't it?" Zuriel hummed. He paced in front of the group. He turned towards her sharply. "Haven't you ever wondered just were you were kept while you've slept for over a millennium?"

"I honestly couldn't give a damn." Serenity growled pit, taking a step forward and away from Jack, who immedantly reached back out to her. "And neither should you."

Dean put away his gun, along with Sam both knowing bullets would do no good. "If your not here for Jack, then why are you here?" Sam asked the angel.

"I've kept watch over my sister for a millennium, do you really think I'd stop once she was freed?" Zuriel retorted. Serenity only watched her so called 'brother'. He wasn't lying, or at least what he was saying was true. "I'll always look out for her."

Then he vanished.

______

"Should we be worried, is what we're trying to ask." Sam clarified. Serenity pursed her lips, looking over at Jack's sleeping figure.

"It wouldn't hurt to keep our guard up. If he tries anything to hurt any of us, I'll end him myself." The girl promised, determinedly. Dean nodded to himself.

"Alright, keep an eye on a mysterious angel. Got it." He muttered to himself, before glancing back at Serenity over his shoulder. "At some point, you do know you still need to share with the class about whatever that James Bond wanna be back there was talking about?"

She sighed. "I am aware, yes."

Dean turned back to the road. "Good."

_____

The Impala stopping was what woke Jack up. The young Neplihm let out a tired sigh as he glanced over to see Serenity had fallen asleep against the window seal. "Hey Jack."

He looked to Sam, who was looking back at him. "We're going to crash here for the night. Dean is grabbing our bags, and I need to go check in. Can you get Serenity up?"

The boy nodded, causing Sam to do the same and get out of the car. Jack watched him wall away before turning to Serenity and gently nudging her shoulder with his hand.

When she didn't even move, Jack called her name, yet still she wouldn't wake up. Serenity only let out a sigh and shifted in her spot before instantly going to sleep. It took Jack ten minutes to realise that she wasn't going to get up.

He went to get Dean, but saw that he was already inside.

The neplihm honestly didn't know what to do. He was starting to wish he had asked Sam how to get the girl up, before he let him leave.

But Jack was also determined to not ask for help. He wanted to prove himself. Then a vision of a young version of his mother flashed across his eyes. His mom was being carried on a guys back.

So the half human-half angel decided he would give that a try. He got out of the car and went around to her side. He was careful with opening the door, since she was laying against it, and again nudged her. This time he quietly told her to just get out of the car and she sleepily obliged, after he told her she could go right back to sleep.

Serenity got herself out of the car, surprisingly graceful. Even through she was half asleep, she still got Jack's vision too, so she knew what he was doing.

When he turned his back to her, she just jumped, wrapped her arms around his neck and then rested her head against his shoulder.

Jack was careful not to drop her as he closed the Impala's door and headed into the building. He may Dean at the front door.

He gave the neplihm a strange look. "Why are yo-"

"She wouldn't wake up." Jack shrugged innocently before following the oldest Winchester into the lobby.

_____

This is a bad idea." Dean spoke as he led them into the room. "We should've just kept driving."

Sam scoffed. "Dude, you were hallucinating sheep on the road." The brother looked over to Jack, who was still carrying a sleepong Serenity. "Plus, I think using whatever powers she has, drained Serenity. We need a few hours."

Dean only huffed to himself but didn't put up an argument. He opened the door to the room and threw his stuff down on the couch. Sam closed the door after Jack had entered.

"This is nice." Jack said, earning a small grin from Sam. He couldn't believe the kid was that innocent.

Dean looked around. "Let's ward the room, get a bite, get a few hours of sleep, hit the road first thing." The two nodded.

"Jack, you can out her on the bed, for now." Dean told him. The half angel nodded and gently lowered her onto the bed. She let out a small groan but quickly fell back to sleep.

Jack watched her for a minute. There was something about the way she looked while she slept that was so peaceful to him. He smiled to himself.