84 | joe&maisie interview

today, joe and maisie were having joint interviews which maisie was dreading. she was annoyed at her outburst last night and was too embarrassed to talk to him about it, so she childishly ignored it and made it ever so awkward for her and everyone else.

"its lovely to meet you both," the interviewer said to the couple.

"its lovely to meet you too," maisie said giving her a hug. joe greeted the interviewer too and gave her a firm hand shake.

"so this interview is all about your experience on set, with each other and the show itself. we've been told no personal questions. this is strictly professional - but also a bit of fun," she smiled to them both.

maisie felt relief wash over her face knowing no questions about her and joes relationship would be mentioned. thank you agents.

"three, two, one and go,"

"hello and welcome! today we are joined with joe keery and maisie carlson from stranger things!"

the day consisted on them sitting in the same place for about four hours having different interviewers come and go rapidly. half way through, maisie was wondering why the hell they needed so many interviews seeing as they all basically asked the same questions. the four hours seemed to go slowly, especially in between interviews. they talking between the two was basically non existent and maisie was screaming at herself to apologise and kiss him. but for some reason, she was too stubborn to do that. so, instead they sat in painfully awkward silence.

meanwhile, joe felt a little like steve when nancy called their relationship bullshit. he felt like steve when he went to the wheelers house to apologise to nancy. but, what the hell was he sorry for? this situation got him even more angry because he felt as though he was falling in love with maisie. and before he could actually be in love with her, he felt as though the relationship would be non-existent at that time. however he wouldnt give up on her that easily and he felt as though he was reading too much into this. but then agaimn, he wasnt sure what to think at this rate. he didnt expect maisie to have her sudden out burst and he wasnt sure if he should approach her or not. at the end of the day, she asked for space. so space is what shes going to get.

both joe and maisie werent a fan of unnecessary drama, that was half the reason why they were perfect for each other.

the day went on in a pattern: interviews, awkward tension, toilet breaks.

soon, they were off to do their panel show with noah, dacre and sadie.

throughout that panel, joe and noah were sat on one sofa whilst dacre, sadie and maisie were sat on the other with the interviewer in the middle on his own separate chair. maisie got to admire joe from afar. he was wearing this yellow top that looked really good on him. it killed her even more for being a pathetic, insecure bitch to him last night.

being around joe right in this moment was hard because they had to act as if nothing had happened  and things were normal. it was also hard for maisie because she knew joe didnt know what the hell he had done wrong and for some reason maisie couldnt open her mouth to say anything to him.

she hated this. she was stupid and she wanted him to talk to her first but she knew it was her responsibility to, she had to grow up.