Chapter Five

Zara's POV

I stand there, frozen to the spot, not daring to look at him. He doesn't speak.

Did I seriously just do that?! The coffee was still hot as well! It must have burned his skin. Oh no! I slowly look up and glance at him. I feel like I'm about to have a heart attack. His white, previously spotless shirt now has large, dark coffee stains over the front. The coffee has spilt onto his trousers, too. Oh my god.

I spilt over half the cup on him! This is it. He's definitely going to fire me. On my first day, as well. He has full reason to fire me, I'm so clumsy!

I bite my lip and look up at his face. And then I shift into full panic mode. 'I'm so so so so so SO sorry, Mr Malik! I'm so clumsy! Oh god, please don't fire me! I promise I won't do anything like this ever again! Your clothes! Please, I'll clean them!' I grab a load of tissues from the box on his desk and rush to him, trying to clean away the stains.

But it just makes them worse. The stains just get larger. I feel like I'm about to go into cardiac arrest. I'm the biggest idiot in the world. He is one of the biggest businessmen in the city, one of the most eligible bachelors as the media puts it, and I do this! I'm so clumsy!

"Miss Ahmed-" I hear his authoritative voice and shake.

'Mr Malik, I'll buy you a new suit. I'll get this one cleaned for you, too. I promise! Please, just forgive me. It won't happen again,' I apologise, looking at him with wide eyes. I grab some more tissues and continue trying to wipe the coffee stains off his clothes. But it doesn't work.

"Miss Ahmed, it's-" He starts, but I interrupt again.

'No, don't say anything. I know what you're going to say. I'm so stupid, I know I am. I'm so sorry! I know I'm probably the worst assistant you've ever had, and the clumsiest! But, I'm sorry. I won't do anything like this again. Oh god... Your shirt!' I don't even know what else to say. His shirt looks like a mess now, and it is stuck to him, outlining his abs even more clearly than before.

"Miss Ahmed, listen to me!" He shouts, and I stop, looking up at him with wide eyes. He's angry.

'I'm sorry...' I whisper quietly.

"It's alright. I'm not that fussed that it's stained my clothes because I have a change of clothes, but that coffee was hot," he says, looking at me. My cheeks redden.

'I'm such an idiot, I can't believe it. I'm so sorry,' I apologise for what seems like the thousandth time. But it's not enough.

"Miss Ahmed, it was a mistake. I'm not mad at you, don't worry," he says to me. I look up at him and frown. What?

'You're not mad at me? I probably burned your skin, and you're not mad at me? Promise?' I ask, biting my lip.

He looks at me for a few seconds before shaking his head. "I'm not mad."

I let out a sigh of relief. I just got saved.

"I have a change of clothes, Miss Ahmed. You can get back to work, find file A24 for me."

'Okay, do you want me to get you another coffee?' I ask him.

He laughs loudly. "No, it's alright." I turn to go, but turn back to face him straight away when I see something. His hand. The coffee spilt onto his hand too, and he now has a large, red blister at the back of his hand. It looks really painful. I don't know why, I start feeling slightly emotional. I'm such an idiot. He's obviously in pain, because of me and my clumsiness.

'Mr Malik, your hand!' I say, worriedly.

He looks down at his hand and shakes his head. "I didn't even notice that, it's fine Miss Ahmed. It doesn't hurt." Bullshit. Of course it hurts. It looks so painful!